Sign in with
Your question

Not enough storage is available to process this command

Last response: in Storage
February 23, 2010 3:08:03 AM

Hi everyone out there in computerland. Here is my situation, my older system crashed, it had a sata drive 500 gig partitioned into two drives. One C drive which held all operating system files and programs and D partition which holds photos. I built a new system an MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard with an AMD Phenom II x4 955 black CPU, 3 gigs of DDR3 ram and an ATI Firepro V3750 graphics card. Before I removed my SATA drive from the old computer and NOT knowing why my computer suddenly stopped working I attempted to recover the hard drive assumming it was the problem only to realize after trying a brand new IDE HDD and having the exact same problem that my C:\ drive partition had been formatted. I don't mind that as long as I don't touch the D:\ partition. I installed windows XP Pro onto the C:\ partition without any issue, in fact during the windows xp pro both C & D partitions showed up. I chose to install windows XP onto the C:\ drive and all went well. The only problem I now have is that even though I can see the hard drive in "My computer" I keep getting the following message;"D:\ is not accessible. Not enough storage is available to process this command". When I look at the C:\ drive it only has 260 gigabytes of the 500 gig drive. My question is this; what can I do to correct his problem?
Thanks to all.
February 23, 2010 5:21:33 PM

Hello again. I have viewed the suggested links and feel that these are not related as this issue is not a server issue. An update to my first post. Prior to the motherboard failing both partitions were running fine and both were NTFS file type. Now in the new system the former C:\ partition is of course NTFS with windows XP Pro installed on it and the D:\partition is now RAW file type. I can't understand how that changed because the D:\ partition was never touched during the attempted recovery of the old motherboard nor was it touched during the new install of windows XP pro. I would appreciate any help that can direct me as to how to change the RAW file type back to NTFS file type so I can access my photos.
Thanks
!