Will this ATI card work with my Mobo and monitor?

Nohealzforu

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
I'm wanting to get this card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814103066

I've read the reviews and some things about it and (forgive me, i'm a noob with computers, my friend built mine after helping me order the parts) to me it sounds like I might need an AMD mobo/processor and a HD monitor. My monitor is a 19 inch that tops resolution at 1280x1024, it's a Rosewill. I dont believe it does anyting HD at all. Intel processor, asus rampage formula mobo, dont know if listing that will help you guys or not.

Anyways, the reason I'm getting this card is because I found out that I can't use SLI with the prior Nvida card I had so i'm switching to ATI due to Mobo restrictions and according to the guy at Asus.

Thanks in advance and if any other info is needed please let me know and I'll be sure to post it quick. Thanks again!

Nohealzforu

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
Awesome. Thanks so much for the quick reply. The info I've read and somewhat absorbed off this site has been excellent to say the least. Thank you ghmage!

aberchonbie

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008

the 4870x2 might be kinda overkill to run on a 19" mon at 12xx 10xx resolutions..

games you intend on playing? Crysis will put its toll on all video cards but your goal shouldnt be to run crysis with everything turned on max.. that's ridiculous..

for a 19", 4870 might be better suited.. then again, you've got a rampage formula mobo? you gonna upgrade ur monitor anytime soon? lol

Nohealzforu

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
Yes indeed. The monitor and a water cooling system are both in the works. I'm just not a millionaire :( I'll probably get the monitor first then pursue water cooling around december if bills aren't out the wazoo.

Nohealzforu

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
Also, if any kind soul could answer this question for me real quick as well. I have a 750w corsair PSU. I'm curious if that will be enough to push my system with this new graphics card. Specs are

Asus Rampage Mobo
4gb Patriot ram
1 WD VR 150gb HD
1 maxtor 300g HD
2 cd/dvd drives
Q9550 quad core 2.83ghz

Thanks again