User Name

Tags:
February 12, 2005 12:27:14 PM

Have just bought a second hand Tungsten T£. How do I change the User Name?

More about : user

February 12, 2005 12:27:15 PM

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:27:14 +0000, Peter <peter@noice.info> came
right out and said:

>Have just bought a second hand Tungsten T£. How do I change the User Name?

In Palm Desktop. If I remember correctly, it's under Tools->Users.
Rename there then sync.

--
There are only two valid activities in this world:
personally attending to the injured and hungry,

Bruno wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:27:14 +0000, Peter <peter@noice.info> came
> right out and said:
>

>>Have just bought a second hand Tungsten T3. How do I change the User Name?
>

> In Palm Desktop. If I remember correctly, it's under Tools->Users.
> Rename there then sync.

Thank you, but it is the Palm I wish to name, not the Desktop. If I
give the Desktop the name I wish to use it will not sync with the T3
with a different name. I have got to change the Palm first.
Related resources
February 12, 2005 7:25:09 PM

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:25:08 +0000, Peter <peter@noice.info> came
right out and said:

>Bruno wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:27:14 +0000, Peter <peter@noice.info> came
>> right out and said:
>>

>>>Have just bought a second hand Tungsten T3. How do I change the User Name?
>>

>> In Palm Desktop. If I remember correctly, it's under Tools->Users.
>> Rename there then sync.
>
>Thank you, but it is the Palm I wish to name, not the Desktop. If I
>give the Desktop the name I wish to use it will not sync with the T3
>with a different name. I have got to change the Palm first.

Ok. Suit yourself. When you run out of options, try my suggestion.
Rename the user on the desktop then sync. It will change the name on
the Palm.

--
There are only two valid activities in this world:
personally attending to the injured and hungry,
and picking fights in newsgroups.
- Lore Sjöberg
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 7:56:00 PM

"Peter" <peter@noice.info> wrote in message
Have just bought a second hand Tungsten T£. How do I change the User Name?

There are two ways to go about this.

One - if it's second hand - if you don't want any of the other stuff on the
unit - do a hard reset to clear off all the data, programs etc. This will
take the Palm back to an out of the box status.

Two - use a program on the Palm that specifically does this - "Changename"
was one a few years ago - a quick search on a site like palmgear dot com
should find a program.

http://www.mulliner.org/palm/changename.php has it.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 8:35:02 PM

Can't be! You rename the user not make a new one.
February 12, 2005 8:35:03 PM

Steven Kraus wrote:
> Can't be! You rename the user not make a new one.

But I am a new one, I have just bought a secondhand T3 with the vendor's
name as the Palm User Name
February 12, 2005 10:56:15 PM

Bruno wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:25:08 +0000, Peter <peter@noice.info> came
> right out and said:
>

>>Bruno wrote:

>>>In Palm Desktop. If I remember correctly, it's under Tools->Users.
>>>Rename there then sync.
>>
>>Thank you, but it is the Palm I wish to name, not the Desktop. If I
>>give the Desktop the name I wish to use it will not sync with the T3
>>with a different name. I have got to change the Palm first.
>

> Ok. Suit yourself. When you run out of options, try my suggestion.
> Rename the user on the desktop then sync. It will change the name on
> the Palm.

Thank you - problem solved. I did not realise that changing the name in
desktop would also change the Palm name
!