ATI/AMD Overvolt Tool for the 5970

QueueCumber

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Anyone know where I can get a hold of this tool?

Also, I may already have a copy (I have a copy of ATIOvervolt, but I get an error message when trying to run it)... So thus my next question! Does it work on Windows 7 64-bit? If not, does it work on Windows 7 32 bit, or do I need to install one of my older versions of Windows in order to bump my settings up a little before reinstalling Windows 7?

I'm not looking to go crazy with OC'ing it, but I know that with some conservative voltage changes some decent results are possible.

Thanks.

wsupduck

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
try reinstalling it or redownloading it and see if it will work, it may have just failed because there was an error when it got unpacked

QueueCumber

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009

Still doesn't work 100%. It seems like there is a file missing from my Windows or something. I'm going to try it again after re-installing windows tonight....

QueueCumber

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009

Thanks.

A question about the Afterburner program. If you don't set it to start up with Windows, do the voltage settings reset when you restart the computer?

unclefester

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
Yes, it will go back to default settings if you don't click on the bottom where is says "Apply overclocking at system startup". You will see a green light in front this app. when the OC is applied on start up.

Mattskiii

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
I tried the MSI Afterburner with my 5970. However the voltage option is greyed out and can not be used. Any ideas? Thanks.

sarsoft

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006

First get the latest version which is 1.5.0

Click:
-Setting
-Then in the General Tab at bottom it says Safety properties - Check the box - Unlock Voltage Controls and Unlock Voltage Monitoring
-OK
-Then close the application and open it again.