You can see my system in the sig below (no longer overclocked due to issues).....
It all started last May. We went on vacation for a week. When I came back, replugged in the computer and tried to boot I got a C1 post error. From other posts on the net, etc it looked like a memory error. I got 2 of the sticks to work so I called Crucial and got them to RMA the other 2.
Even using the new sticks, I had to loosen the timing to get all 4G working.
Everything seemed to work ok until around November. During a seemingly innocuous reboot one day, I again got the C1 code. I had to lower everything even more to get the system to work. I lowered the memory clock ratio to 1:1 instead of normal 1:1.2 and timing to 5-5-5-15.
This seemed to go ok until a few days ago when I started getting random BSODs with varying messages. I haven’t run the .dmp files through a debugger but I’ve seen ntfs.sys and pagefault_in_nonpaged_area areas during the dump (probably some others as well). The BSODs got so bad that at one point I was getting them within 1-5 minutes of booting up.
During one of my BSOD reboots, I once again got the dreaded C1 post error. This time, I could only get 1 stick working in 1 slot.
During my various combinations of memory and slot, I got this very strange message a few times:
I have to agree on the memory though. Crucial has really dropped the ball in recent years. However, it worked and I would not expect it to suddenly die, unless voltage regulation on the MB went haywire.