Question from a semi-newbie

I am not new to Galaxies but I took some time off... Now I have JTL and am
trying to get back in the game... I am having trouble getting the pilot
trainers to talk to me - does anyone know why I might be having this
difficulty...? The Imperial trainer says something like "Unless you have
Imperial business leave me alone" or something to that affect... (I am an
Imp and I tried approaching him both overt and covert)... The Privateer
trainer was just as "helpful"...

Has anyone else had this issue or know what I am doing wrong...?

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

"JeeJoon" <JeeJoon@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I am not new to Galaxies but I took some time off... Now I have JTL and am
> trying to get back in the game... I am having trouble getting the pilot
> trainers to talk to me - does anyone know why I might be having this
> difficulty...? The Imperial trainer says something like "Unless you have
> Imperial business leave me alone" or something to that affect... (I am an
> Imp and I tried approaching him both overt and covert)... The Privateer
> trainer was just as "helpful"...
>
> Has anyone else had this issue or know what I am doing wrong...?

Make sure you are trying to talk to the starter pilot trainers and not the
more advanced ones.
Since you did not mention which trainer in specific (location?) you tried to
talk to, this might be the problem.

Reply to message from "JeeJoon" <JeeJoon@nospam.com> (Thu, 20 Jan 2005 02:
09:52) about "Question from a semi-newbie":

You have negative imp-faction? Get it in the positives!

Dirk

J> I am not new to Galaxies but I took some time off... Now I have JTL and
J> am trying to get back in the game... I am having trouble getting the
J> pilot trainers to talk to me - does anyone know why I might be having
J> this difficulty...? The Imperial trainer says something like "Unless
J> you have Imperial business leave me alone" or something to that
J> affect... (I am an Imp and I tried approaching him both overt and
J> covert)... The Privateer trainer was just as "helpful"...

J> Has anyone else had this issue or know what I am doing wrong...?

Bye
Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de> Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:37:23 +0200

JeeJoon wrote:

> I am not new to Galaxies but I took some time off... Now I have JTL and am
> trying to get back in the game... I am having trouble getting the pilot
> trainers to talk to me - does anyone know why I might be having this
> difficulty...? The Imperial trainer says something like "Unless you have
> Imperial business leave me alone" or something to that affect... (I am an
> Imp and I tried approaching him both overt and covert)... The Privateer
> trainer was just as "helpful"...
>
> Has anyone else had this issue or know what I am doing wrong...?

I know that the Kaadara recruiter is in the guild hall in front of the
starport. That's who I talked to for the Imperial Inqusition squadron.

Do not that each faction has three different squadrons with different
missions.

CH

One possible way around this problem is to create a dummy character on a
different server. When you first enter the game, it'll ask you which
faction you wish to join, Rebel, Privateer or Imperial. Select the faction
and then you'll have a choice of 3 squadrons, one based off of each main
starter planet... Corellia, Naboo and Tatooine. Once you select the
squadron, that new character will be transported to the appropriate starter
city for that squadron and have a waypoint to the trainer for that squadron.
Just email that waypoint to your 'real' main character using the form of :
server.character for the email address.

So if your main is Maverick on the Lowca server, you'd send an email to
lowca.maverick with the waypoint and when you log into your luuke character,
you can just download the waypoint and follow it to the correct trainer...

....most likely.

Thanks

The Bar-erras Clan
Lowca Galaxy

"JeeJoon" <JeeJoon@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I am not new to Galaxies but I took some time off... Now I have JTL and am
> trying to get back in the game... I am having trouble getting the pilot
> trainers to talk to me - does anyone know why I might be having this
> difficulty...? The Imperial trainer says something like "Unless you have
> Imperial business leave me alone" or something to that affect... (I am an
> Imp and I tried approaching him both overt and covert)... The Privateer
> trainer was just as "helpful"...
>
> Has anyone else had this issue or know what I am doing wrong...?

You supposedly need to talk to the recruiter before you go to the trainers.
(Though the game seems to act as if you have already done this and sends you
right to the city with the trainer.) It's possible that the game isn't doing
that for you, and you may need to actually go talk to the recruiter.

"Tom Carman" <Tom_Carman@compuserve.com> wrote in message

> You supposedly need to talk to the recruiter before you go to the
> trainers.
> (Though the game seems to act as if you have already done this and sends
> you
> right to the city with the trainer.) It's possible that the game isn't
> doing
> that for you, and you may need to actually go talk to the recruiter.

Thank you to everyone for your help, but a player in-game figured out what
my problem was. Well, my problem was that I am an idiot :) But what I
didn't know was that you had to specifically register the expansion after
installing it. Since I installed Galaxies and JTL at the same time on my
new computer, JTL didn't get registered, so as far as the Pilot Trainers
were concerned, I was a game player without JTL.

TRENDING THREADS