When I use Windows Explorer in XP OS, the default view shows icons. I have a
lot of music and other files which I would rather view, always, in List. How
can I make that view the default instead of the icons?

Right now, whenever I change anything in my list, like copy it to another
location, it automatically reverts to the icon view, which drives me crazy.
Anybody got any ideas? This used to be simple, just change the settings on
the parent folder and then let it automatically reset the child folders, but
it si not so obvious in XP how to do that.
--
pjwalsh

"pjwalsh" <pjwalsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I use Windows Explorer in XP OS, the default view shows icons.
> I have a lot of music and other files which I would rather view,
> always, in List. How can I make that view the default instead of the
> icons?
>
> Right now, whenever I change anything in my list, like copy it to
> another location, it automatically reverts to the icon view, which
> drives me crazy. Anybody got any ideas? This used to be simple, just
> change the settings on the parent folder and then let it
> automatically reset the child folders, but it si not so obvious in XP
> how to do that.

In Windows Explorer set the view to list for the current folder and then
click Tools | Folder Options | View and click the option at the top to make
all folders like the current one.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Byte

The default limit for setting folders view is 400, but you can increase
that to 8000:
Folders View (increase from 400 to 8000)
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the
rest of your life.

In news:43EA186A-BDD0-43FE-8FB6-7529AD76C98B@microsoft.com,
Byte <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> The default limit for setting folders view is 400,

Note that that's the pre-SP2 limit. WIth SP2 installed, the limit
is 5000.

Please reply to the newsgroup