jeanluclariviere

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
Just thought i'd let you guys know that if anyone plans on getting the antec 900 (can't say for the 1200) to look forward to alot of maintenance. This thing gets very, very dusty. Wiping it down once a week is a usual for me now, and as far as the inside, I have to dust it off a bit every 1 - 2 weeks, so long as I keep on it. I made the big mistake of not keeping ontop of my cleaning schedule for a while and let me tell you, big mistake. My entire PSU/GPU were completely filled with dust\dust bunnies. I had to take my PSU just to give it a good clean and wiping down the blades on the fan for my GPU wasn't fun either. Something to keep in mind if you have, or plan on getting this case.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
I've had my Antec 900 for two months now, I have 4 TT 120mm Fans at 78CFM, although dust comes up on the front grate rather often I have only a little bit of dust on anything inside. I would've expected more for pumping that much air through it, but I will admit it is a little small once you get into dual-slot SLI.

balearic

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
Well expect that with any case if you have the fans on high. I have all my fans set to medium and I've probably dusted it off three times in 6 months, and believe it or not, the inside of the antec 900 is completely dust free, it all goes to the back and front of the case. In fact, the only fan I have on high is my CPU fan, nothing else in the case gets dusty, which is why all the dust goes to the front or back of the case! Really how hard is it to get a paper towel and rub the dust off the front and back of the case? OMG RETARD it takes 30 seconds. Oh yea whats to bad about the case? really?

ainarssems

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
There is nothing wrong with the case! Higher airflow means more dust gets in faster. If You want less dust:
1. Set fans to lower speed
2. You know you can get filters for fans
4. Keep the PC off the floor
3. Most importantly keep the room clean as and dust free as you can.

sailer

Splendid
I live in Nevada, a relatively high dust area, and I can't say that my Antec 900 is any worse than my Thermaltake Eureka, Chieftec Dragon, or Antec 1200 cases. Beyond that, cleaning the Antec 900 isn't all that hard. A damp cloth over the outside and non-electrical parts of the inside, and some air blasted over the electrical parts and its just fine. Its all part of the price paid to have a high performance computer, and really very little work.

dallasjoh

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
I don't have a dust problem with my 900 and I have had it for 6 months. I give it a shot of canned air about every two weeks and that is it.

MattC

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004
For 2 years now mine has been easy to keep clean. I've only cleaned it once, maybe twice, in that time, and while the dust is very visible (grey dust on a black case) there is very little buildup. The original poster is just a dirty person living in a dusty place, if you ask me. Keep your case off the ground to minimize dust (duh).

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
All computers accumulate dust. (although my Xion Onyx has done a fair job of keeping dust out... the fans are so slow lol and my HD4870 fan always set @ 40% keeps dust out well.

Vacuuming your case out once every four months takes about 5 minutes (seriously, it shouldn't take any longer then that). I know its stereotypical for gamers to be lazy... but come on.

dechy

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2008
Dusting a computer? Interesting concept :p

My PC is on the floor, in my basement (hardwood floor) with the case opened 100% of the time... all the PCs I've owned actually, and never ever dusted any of them. Well, that's not completely true, I dust them when I take them apart to sell used (every 12 months or so).

But it's true that closed cases with high flow fans are hell at accumulating dust, no matter the brand name or model. 2 fans (PSU + CPU) with an opened case is all that's needed IMO...

Oh, I didn't mention that my basement is usually around 19C :p

1971Rhino

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Mom's basement is very dusty indeed.

Let me guess....... you hate your keyboard and mouse because they don't properly repel Cheeto dust?

So it was the dust mites that moved my Antec 300 out to the garage and stacked it with the fireproof safe and the jewelry boxes? Those punks running out the back were my imagination again. They got away with my 900.

whoop

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Even your case has air fliters inside. Dust is being gathered on the case's exterior. It's not comfortable for me to see a dusty stuff in my room. My suggestion also is not to put your system on the floor...

Peaks

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
jeanluclariviere i feel your being ganged up on a bit here. If you dont put dust filters in your case and its on the floor you will get dust. I mean the thing is practically one massive fan!!! Filters cost next to nothing so just out a couple on the two front fans, keep it off the floor and it will be fine.

Peaks

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008

haha and thats the 1200, as in the upgrade from the 900!!! In all I think we can conclude that it is a noisey, pretty dusty case unless you look after it...but hey thats the fun of it right?

RyanS2000

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
Im getting one in the near future and installing fan filters before it even gets turned on for the first time. Dust is a known issue with this case so you should have known this if you had done your research before purchasing.