Power supply for GA-EP45-UD3P and Q6600?

What kind of power supply do I need for GA-EP45-UD3P and Intel Q6600?

Is Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU 500W ATX 12V 2.0 good enough?
10 answers Last reply
More about power supply ep45 ud3p q6600
  1. It all depends on the video card(s).

http://educations.newegg.com/tool/psucalc/index.html calculates PSU requirements that seem to exceed actual requirements by a wide margin. I verified a system that requires no more than a 400W PSU, but that site calculates 598W.
  2. Should I have a 8 pin CPU power?
    The m/m manual says that the 8 pin CPU power is an option for Extreme CPU.
  3. 4-pin or 8-pin will do, unless you plan on overclocking it a lot (your PSU probably isn't powerful enough to handle an Extreme CPU).
  4. bilbat, that calculator seems to me to be a little vague on the specs.

chanoh, I reccomend this PSU Wattage calculator from Antec which has all of the latest components to select from thus giving you a MUCH more accurate calculation of the wattage you need.

http://www.antec.outervision.com/
  5. The Antec calculator recommends a 333W PSU for my system and a 368W PSU if I overclock the Q6600 from 2.4Ghz to 3.6Ghz.
  6. I personally use an ABS Tagan BZ 1100W power supply with my UD3P and Q6600. It's about $300 but the quality and value is incredible and it's future proof for at least a few years. It might be overkill for you but I run a crossfire setup of two HD 4850 X2's. This PS is probably one of the best products I've purchased.
  7. Depends on what else you are powering, but in a good starting point is an Antec or Corsair around 500W. I am a loyal Antec user, but Im about to upgrade to a Corsair with higher rating due to new system and lots of drives.
  8. chanoh:
    i have a quick question what is a good heatsink/fan for this set up? yes i do plan on o/cing the q6600.
    im going to go with a 650w antec psu.
  9. I have a 430W PSU powering a B3 Q6600, ATi 4670, 2x 1TB HDD, P43 Gigabyte board with 4x 1GB sticks of ram and a plethora of PCIe and USB TV cards. It acts as my HTPC and the PSU fan does not break a sweat even when using the CPU for encoding. Oh, this is water cooled as well with a pump running from the PSU and 4x 120mm fans on ultra slow speed to keep the noise down.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Power Supplies Intel ATX Motherboards Product