Kings Quest

G

Just curious if I'm the only kings quest geek.

Who besides me has played all of the kings quest series (since the orginal KQ1). I loved that game, except I hated the last Kings Quest released last year.

I'm sure if you were a KQ fan that you had to have played Leisure Suit Larry, Police Quest and Space Quest.

----------------------------------
I bought a pentium once!
Everybody makes mistakes..

FatBurger

Illustrious
I've played the first 4 KQ games, 3 of the PQ ones, two SQ games, and a few of the LLL games. Don't remember which ones.
Sierra was the king in those days. All the games ruled.

Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

stonerboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I used to love that game. The original KQ was the coolest game. I also loved PQ1 when you could cuise around in your little car. It was great. I think I played the first 5 KQ games but then lost interest in them. I also played the 3 Space Quests and a couple of the LLL games. All were great games.

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Man, that takes me back. I remember Kings Quest, I thought those were the greatest graphics ever. I ended up playing KQ 1-4, then I got bored with that genre.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I've played through the first seven. I liked three and six, but seven was the absolute worst (Princeless Bride). Although, if I ever have an 6-8 year old daughter, it will probably be a fun game. It's like when you bite your tounge because your 2-4 year old absolutely LOVES Barney and Tinky-Winky......

G

I played KQ1&2 but really got involve in KQ6. It had speech AND SVGA talking heads when you played in windows.

That adventure kicked ass, you went to hell and everything...

I've only played SQ3 and just messed around with a couple LLL games besides that.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
-Einstein

G

I got into Kings Quest 1 on my Apple IIGS. One of the best damn games Ive ever played. I saw a bit of two at my cousins when I was but a wee lad, but never really played it.
After all that I saw Kings Quest 7 (or was it 6? the 2D one with the quest for glory 5 style game play) and couldnt stand it. Then the 3D one came out and I just lost it and swore never to play another Sierra game again...
Until Quest for Glory 5 came out... but no others...
Except Tribes2...

Leisure Suit Larry was another fun one... had 1 on my 2GS as well, then played 6 on my old mac... fun...

I no longer wish to belong to the kind of club that accepts people like me as members - Groucho Marx

dinoX

Distinguished
May 1, 2001
I have played and finished with all possible points kings quests 1ega, 1vga, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. Mask of Eternity IMHO was not a true KQ game. :(