UUUUUUUUUUUU

There is a regular occurrence on this machine that ties it up for ~1 min.
out of every 10. If I look at the Task Manager it looks like UUUUUUUUU.

I recently added and ran Spybot S + D, and reluctantly activated the MS
active X data collection tool. Do either of these programs use essentially
all the system resources in ~10 minute cycles?
3 answers Last reply
More about uuuuuuuuuuuu

    Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

    Ewido Security Suite Trial version

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
    I can analyze it. Ignore anyone especially the troll Leythos, who will tag
    along a nonsense post to this message, who tells you to post it elsewhere. I
    need to see it not them.

    HijackThis

    The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has given
    the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute their
    software.

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message

    > Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
    >
    > If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run
    > it, save a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to
    > this group so that I can analyze it. Ignore anyone especially the
    > troll Leythos, who will tag along a nonsense post to this message,
    > who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need to see it not them.

    Please don't ask users to post an HJT log here. It should be posted to an
    appropriate forum.

    \Register here: http://aumha.net/profile.php?mode=register
    Once you have received your registration confirmation, post your HJT
    log here: *(for expert analysis)*
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    If you want HJT logs then send a private message to the OP. Please do not
    ask for them to post HJT Logs in this forum. The reason being that it wastes
    bandwidth to do so and there a plenty of other forums designed for HJT logs.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > Download, install, update and run all of the following.
    >
    > Ad-Aware
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe
    >
    > Spybot search and destroy
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe
    >
    > Ewido Security Suite Trial version
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/ewidosetup.exe
    >
    > Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
    >
    > If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run it,
    > save a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group
    > so that I can analyze it. Ignore anyone especially the troll Leythos, who
    > will tag along a nonsense post to this message, who tells you to post it
    > elsewhere. I need to see it not them.
    >

    > HijackThis
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/HijackThis.zip
    >

    > The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has
    > given the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute
    > their software.

    > "Steve P" <perilmung@spamnet.control> wrote in message
    >> There is a regular occurrence on this machine that ties it up for ~1 min.
    >> out of every 10. If I look at the Task Manager it looks like UUUUUUUUU.
    >>
    >> I recently added and ran Spybot S + D, and reluctantly activated the MS
    >> active X data collection tool. Do either of these programs use
    >> essentially all the system resources in ~10 minute cycles?

Microsoft Windows XP