UUUUUUUUUUUU

September 8, 2005 8:21:14 PM

There is a regular occurrence on this machine that ties it up for ~1 min.
out of every 10. If I look at the Task Manager it looks like UUUUUUUUU.

I recently added and ran Spybot S + D, and reluctantly activated the MS
active X data collection tool. Do either of these programs use essentially
all the system resources in ~10 minute cycles?

More about : uuuuuuuuuuuu

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 4:25:42 AM

Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Ewido Security Suite Trial version

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
I can analyze it. Ignore anyone especially the troll Leythos, who will tag
along a nonsense post to this message, who tells you to post it elsewhere. I
need to see it not them.

HijackThis

The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has given
the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute their
software.

"Steve P" <perilmung@spamnet.control> wrote in message
> There is a regular occurrence on this machine that ties it up for ~1 min.
> out of every 10. If I look at the Task Manager it looks like UUUUUUUUU.
>
> I recently added and ran Spybot S + D, and reluctantly activated the MS
> active X data collection tool. Do either of these programs use
> essentially all the system resources in ~10 minute cycles?

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 4:25:43 AM

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message

> Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
>
> If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run
> it, save a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to
> this group so that I can analyze it. Ignore anyone especially the
> troll Leythos, who will tag along a nonsense post to this message,
> who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need to see it not them.

Please don't ask users to post an HJT log here. It should be posted to an
appropriate forum.

\Register here: http://aumha.net/profile.php?mode=register
Once you have received your registration confirmation, post your HJT
log here: *(for expert analysis)*
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

If you want HJT logs then send a private message to the OP. Please do not
ask for them to post HJT Logs in this forum. The reason being that it wastes
bandwidth to do so and there a plenty of other forums designed for HJT logs.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

!