Not sure whats wrong with new build..

raynr1387

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Just started a new build and i booted for the first time maybe a week ago just to test if everything was running fine. It was an initial boot which i thought was very succesful. The fans fired up, LED's were fine CPU fan, Optical drive opened, HDD was spinning. It was my first build and thought everything was smooth till i read up on a Bios Beep Code. When i started it up again to check and make sure that there was a beep coming from the speakers, i heard none. Since my video card hasn't arrived yet, i have no idea if the Bios screen actually initiated. I heard from many that if a GPU is nowhere to be found, it should make a long buzzin sound. Should i jump the gun and assume that my MOBO is DOA or maybe my CPU? ive alrdy made arrangement on an RMA from newegg for my Motherboard. I did not take propper precaution handling the installation for the cpu to the MOBO. Could even be the PSU not giving much POwer i dont know! ha need help thanks.

Here is my build,
Antec 850 watt tru power quatro
Asus p5n-d
seagate 250 hdd
samsung 20x lightscribe
G skill 2x2g pi series
xfx 9800gtx+ (on its way)

mike99

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
What CPU? :kaola: Have you connected the 4/8 way connector to the socket near the CPU? Have you used standoffs to support the motherboard away from the tray?

Mike.