Network found but no internet on Asus Laptop

ab8fp

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
I'm with Virgin Media and am using their standard Netgear Wireless G Router (WGR614 v9). My desktop (Windows XP) works fine, finds the network and connects to internet with no issues, my laptop is another story.

My Laptop finds the network and connects to it without issues but refuses to connect to the internet.

Virgin Media have been unable to find the issue and I'm tearing my hair out!

TCP/IPv4 settings are to obtain the IP and DNS Server addresses automatically (as Virgin stated) and the advanced properties state that DCHP is enabled under IP Addresses.

TCP/IPv6 settings are to obtain the IP and DNS Server addresses automatically (as Virgin stated) and the advanced properties state Automatic configuration only under IP Addresses.

I have no idea what the problem is especially as it connects to the network but not the internet. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

ab8fp

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009

ab8fp

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
OK problem is sorted. The problem was Norton Antivirus. Once I ran the Norton removal tool and installed a different version of Norton everything was fine.

If anyone else is having internet problems with Vista and is running Norton Antivirus I suggest visitng the Norton website and downloading the removal tool and seeing if that helps.