Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Temp on i7 920 D0 @ 3.4 Ghz

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
December 27, 2009 5:34:47 PM

I just overclocked my i7 920 D0 from 2.66 Ghz to 3.4 Ghz, it was my first overclock.
I got idle temps 43C-48C, and full load with prime95 large fft test 72C Max, I left prime95 all the night.
Well my PC stats are :

Mobo: Gigabyte EX58 UD3R
Cooler: Cooler master V8
Power: Cooler master 550W

I barely use 20% of my PC and i leave it idle alot.
Question :
If i NEVER turn off my PC, only once a week for 6 hrs and im only using 5%-20% of my processor (43C-53C temp), will it last for atleast 3 years?
Is there any risk that it'll burn cause i never turn it off?
My temps are good for my cooler?
If i use Gigabyte's energy saver when im sleeping or at school will it mess my processor or my overclock?
My towns temp is 25C atm i dont know about my room's temp, it'll raise to 36C in January is there any risk for my processor?
Which voltage lower my temp?
Will i have problems if i leave Memory multiplier and QPI link in auto?


Thx everyone for all the help this forum is great :D 

Heres my PC stat with CPU-Z and CoreTemp:

http://i49.tinypic.com/142bfx1.jpg

Last question, i did it fine for my first overclock?

More about : temp 920 ghz

Best solution

a c 201 à CPUs
a c 148 K Overclocking
December 27, 2009 5:50:39 PM

My son's 920 is running at mid 50's @ 3.7 Ghz. try lowering CPU voltage.....we got his down to about 1.1 but as it showed no temp improvement, left it at 1.125 volts.

Quote:
If i NEVER turn off my PC, only once a week for 6 hrs and im only using 5%-20% of my processor (43C-53C temp), will it last for atleast 3 years?....Is there any risk that it'll burn cause i never turn it off?


Not an issue.

Quote:
My temps are good for my cooler?


Ok for that cooler

Quote:
If i use Gigabyte's energy saver when im sleeping or at school will it mess my processor or my overclock?


no.

Quote:
My towns temp is 25C atm i dont know about my room's temp, it'll raise to 36C in January is there any risk for my processor?


Monitor your temps, keep below 70

Quote:
Which voltage lower my temp?


CPU Voltage

Quote:
Will i have problems if i leave Memory multiplier and QPI link in auto?


You can leave everything on Auto (default) settings up to about 3.6-3.7 GHz, except CPU voltage and RAM timings which should be set to manufacturers spec (i.e. mine are 6-7-6-18)

Share
December 27, 2009 6:12:27 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
My son's 920 is running at mid 50's @ 3.7 Ghz. try lowering CPU voltage.....we got his down to about 1.1 but as it showed no temp improvement, left it at 1.125 volts.

Quote:
If i NEVER turn off my PC, only once a week for 6 hrs and im only using 5%-20% of my processor (43C-53C temp), will it last for atleast 3 years?....Is there any risk that it'll burn cause i never turn it off?


Not an issue.

Quote:
My temps are good for my cooler?


Ok for that cooler

Quote:
If i use Gigabyte's energy saver when im sleeping or at school will it mess my processor or my overclock?


no.

Quote:
My towns temp is 25C atm i dont know about my room's temp, it'll raise to 36C in January is there any risk for my processor?


Monitor your temps, keep below 70

Quote:
Which voltage lower my temp?


Thx alot for all the help, i think i tried 1.125 volts and prime95 gave me error after test #7
CPU Voltage

Quote:
Will i have problems if i leave Memory multiplier and QPI link in auto?


You can leave everything on Auto (default) settings up to about 3.6-3.7 GHz, except CPU voltage and RAM timings which should be set to manufacturers spec (i.e. mine are 6-7-6-18)

m
0
l
!