alex

First of all, thanks to those who answered my first question. From
Rick's reply I figure I'd better trash this cheap computer and buy a
brand new one with a legit system installed than cough up $240 to fix
the old system. I still have 25 days to remove all important data.
I'll try to activate it by phone, though. Perhaps they'll be easy on me.

Now to the second question: after I upgraded to SP2, on each startup I'm
getting a message

C:\WINDOWS\daemon.dll error!

After I click OK it goes away and I don't feel that it impairs the work
of my computer. Any reason for that?

Alex

In article <sashairk-8D5C0F.22065708092005@news.giganews.com>,
sashairk@newsguy.com says...
> First of all, thanks to those who answered my first question. From
> Rick's reply I figure I'd better trash this cheap computer and buy a
> brand new one with a legit system installed than cough up $240 to fix
> the old system. I still have 25 days to remove all important data.
> I'll try to activate it by phone, though. Perhaps they'll be easy on me.
>
> Now to the second question: after I upgraded to SP2, on each startup I'm
> getting a message
>
> C:\WINDOWS\daemon.dll error!
>
> After I click OK it goes away and I don't feel that it impairs the work
> of my computer. Any reason for that?

Do you have the game "Knights of Honor" installed?

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

alex

> > Now to the second question: after I upgraded to SP2, on each startup I'm
> > getting a message
> >
> > C:\WINDOWS\daemon.dll error!
> >
> > After I click OK it goes away and I don't feel that it impairs the work
> > of my computer. Any reason for that?
>
> Do you have the game "Knights of Honor" installed?

No. In fact, this alert started to appear after I installed System Pack
2.

Malke

Alex wrote:

>> > Now to the second question: after I upgraded to SP2, on each
>> > startup I'm getting a message
>> >
>> > C:\WINDOWS\daemon.dll error!
>> >
>> > After I click OK it goes away and I don't feel that it impairs the
>> > work of my computer. Any reason for that?
>>
>> Do you have the game "Knights of Honor" installed?
>
> No. In fact, this alert started to appear after I installed System
> Pack 2.

Then do you have Daemon Tools installed? This program is incompatible
with SP2.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers