after market cooler hits power supply need help!?!

uacghost

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
i have a 9800gtx with an ARCTIC COOLING Accelero Xtreme 9800 the cooler is so good that i want to get another card and same cooler but it is so big it takes up three slots instead of two that the stock one takes so if i put my card in to my lower PCI-E slot to see if it would fit but it hits the top of my power supply and wont fit in to the slot.

so my question is how can i get the card to fit in to my case without getting a bigger case (i have COOLER MASTER RC-690) or some way to move power supply to the outside of case that would still look good or in the case some how

VoidNull

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008

Submerge your PSU in a fishtank filled with mineral oil, that will look good while being an external PSU.

:ange:

uacghost

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008

well the cooler only fits on the 9800gtx and i dont want to sell it because its max load temp is 45c so i don't want to get a 9800gx2 and see them crazy high temps. i might upgrade to the gtx280 or what ever is next (gtx380?) if they make a cooler that would fit on it like mine. i have been sopiled by low temps :kaola:

LOL nice video i dont think i want to try that looks awesome tho

Yeah, it's a good cooler. But frankly I don't see how you can fit two of them in there, sorry. Taking the PSU out of the case is kind of ugly, it will increase noise, and it could be dangerous if kids or pets have access.