Best 775 cpu fan for overclocking!

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Overclocking
  • CPUs
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
December 28, 2009 8:10:46 PM

Hello all, I have a a Q9400 quad core cpu that needs overclocking. But, I do not know how to search resellers like Newegg etc, spec wise, on how to find a cpu fan that will enable me to overclock the cpu to the max that air will allow. If anyone can help I: this is what I am looking for.
1. Not only the fan but, how did you go about searching for it?
2. Noise is not an issue(I don't care how loud it is)
3. Possible site that benchmarks other fans that compete with the one you suggested.
4. Comes with a fan
5. 65$ and below.

tHaNk yOu! :heink: 

More about : 775 cpu fan overclocking

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
December 28, 2009 8:50:09 PM
December 28, 2009 11:31:05 PM

Thank you for your response!

But if you could just do me one more favor and tell me how you determine which is good? Like I know when looking for a monitor or something you look for things like pixel pitch, resolution, size, contrast ratio, etc. But how did you go about this with cpu fans? Thanks! :bounce: 
m
l
Related resources
a c 86 K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
December 29, 2009 1:54:59 PM

Use the link at Frosty, they are ranked by giving the lowest temps. Then read the review they did on the one your interested in. Then find prices.

They list over 250 coolers. I'm sure you'll only be looking at the top 10 anyway.
m
l
December 29, 2009 11:48:48 PM

Thanks for the help you guys! :D  I looked at their charts and the top 10 reviews and ended up picking the Titan Fenrir, and that's what obsidian suggested before, so I guess that is a good sign! Thanks for the knowledge! :sol: 
m
l
a c 86 K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
December 30, 2009 12:39:42 AM

Hehe, you got the knowledge, we just gave ya the link. You got to use your noggin, always the best way.

BTW, your reply to my last post was many hours! Good job, bet you learned a lot and spent valuable time just learning.

Next learning exercize is how to apply Tpaste and what a good paste.
A good modern review. I'm pointing you to MX-2 mainly.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23...

How to actually apply it? A bit of google and YouTube. Small dot in the middle is your key.

m
l
January 1, 2010 12:41:08 AM

Conumdrum said:
Hehe, you got the knowledge, we just gave ya the link. You got to use your noggin, always the best way.

BTW, your reply to my last post was many hours! Good job, bet you learned a lot and spent valuable time just learning.

Next learning exercize is how to apply Tpaste and what a good paste.
A good modern review. I'm pointing you to MX-2 mainly.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23...

How to actually apply it? A bit of google and YouTube. Small dot in the middle is your key.

Thanks conumdrum, now I have to learn about paste lol.
m
l
!