Raid1 / SiI3114 problem

kahvis

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
For first, forgive the poor english.

I have:
2 x 1tb samsung (raid1)
1 x 32gb ssd

I installed RAID1 mode with DeLOCK SATA controller, 4 port with Raid (It is based on Silicon image 3114 chip). The settings was done in the controller's own BIOS. The synchronization with a second disc took about 8 hours, because there was about 650gb data on the original disk.

Then I start my computer and I didn't find my hardware. Windows disk management said: "dynamic disk invalid".
I tought the reason of that is the storage setting was in bios ACHI and I change it to the RAID.

Because of ACHI -> RAID I had to install windows 7 again on my ssd, but the same problem pop-up "dynamic disk invalid".

I update Delock controller bios and the drivers, but the problem is there.

I tried easyrecovery software and all data is on the raid disks.

Could I delete raid group without data loss and create it up again? Maybe it helps to my problem?

Thanks in advance.

sub mesa

Distinguished
Did you install the RAID drivers that come with the controller? If not, windows would see the physical disks, and gets confused because it sees two disks with identical "unique identifiers". I don't know how Windows responds to that.

If you have data on the disks you don't want to lose, you should try recovering using Ubuntu linux using livecd mode. In most cases, you can mount the volume right away by clicking Location -> Home and then on the window that appears the left column should say something like "X GB filesystem". Click on it and see if your data appears. If it does, you can copy the data via the network off to another computer, who should have free space to store all the files you want to backup.

Recreating the RAID should work because its a RAID1. Still if you care for your data i would go the safe route. Your pick.