Anything cool lately?

I hate to say it, but a month after JTL, when the grind (again) to Master
Pilot freakin' pissed me off I gave SWG a rest. I haven't played for a while
and went to WOW. It's pretty cool. There are aspects that are far better
than SWG, but I still think SWG was the better looking game. Anyhow, has
anything cool happened to smugglers? or anything new that's cool in general?

Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
protective species list,
not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
David Duchovny

Anthony Giampa wrote:

> I hate to say it, but a month after JTL, when the grind (again) to Master
> Pilot freakin' pissed me off I gave SWG a rest. I haven't played for a while
> and went to WOW. It's pretty cool. There are aspects that are far better
> than SWG, but I still think SWG was the better looking game. Anyhow, has
> anything cool happened to smugglers? or anything new that's cool in general?

They are lifting artificial faction cap for smugglers. They are dropping
AP. They are upping inventory to 80, and houses to 100,200, and 400.
Large houses and guild halls take less lots. Multiplayer ships take no
lots.

I won't list everything here, but publish 12.1 and 12.2 are chock full
of goodness.

CH

Bout damned time for some of it too :)

--
Obitrotzu Ossko
Teras Kasi Master

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 08:37:47 -0500, Clawhound <none@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>Anthony Giampa wrote:
>
>> I hate to say it, but a month after JTL, when the grind (again) to Master
>> Pilot freakin' pissed me off I gave SWG a rest. I haven't played for a while
>> and went to WOW. It's pretty cool. There are aspects that are far better
>> than SWG, but I still think SWG was the better looking game. Anyhow, has
>> anything cool happened to smugglers? or anything new that's cool in general?
>>

>They are lifting artificial faction cap for smugglers. They are dropping
>AP. They are upping inventory to 80, and houses to 100,200, and 400.
>Large houses and guild halls take less lots. Multiplayer ships take no
>lots.
>
>I won't list everything here, but publish 12.1 and 12.2 are chock full
>of goodness.
>
>CH

So how did the combat re-balance work out?

"Order@bang.com" <Gavel> wrote in message
> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 08:37:47 -0500, Clawhound <none@nowhere.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Anthony Giampa wrote:
>>
>>> I hate to say it, but a month after JTL, when the grind (again) to
>>> Master
>>> Pilot freakin' pissed me off I gave SWG a rest. I haven't played for a
>>> while
>>> and went to WOW. It's pretty cool. There are aspects that are far better
>>> than SWG, but I still think SWG was the better looking game. Anyhow, has
>>> anything cool happened to smugglers? or anything new that's cool in
>>> general?
>>>

>>They are lifting artificial faction cap for smugglers. They are dropping
>>AP. They are upping inventory to 80, and houses to 100,200, and 400.
>>Large houses and guild halls take less lots. Multiplayer ships take no
>>lots.
>>
>>I won't list everything here, but publish 12.1 and 12.2 are chock full
>>of goodness.
>>
>>CH
>
> So how did the combat re-balance work out?

Hasn't happend yet

David Cherry wrote:

> "Order@bang.com" <Gavel> wrote in message
>
>>On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 08:37:47 -0500, Clawhound <none@nowhere.com>
>>wrote:

>>>They are lifting artificial faction cap for smugglers. They are dropping
>>>AP. They are upping inventory to 80, and houses to 100,200, and 400.
>>>Large houses and guild halls take less lots. Multiplayer ships take no
>>>lots.
>>>
>>>I won't list everything here, but publish 12.1 and 12.2 are chock full
>>>of goodness.
>>>
>>>CH
>>
>>So how did the combat re-balance work out?
>

> Hasn't happend yet

There's lots of arguing go on as the testers go over the system.

Armor will change to three types. AP will go away. Weapons will have up
to three damage settings. Different classes will have different favored
armors. Armors will have permanent disadvantages that can only be
mitigated by being the right set of classes.

CH

> There's lots of arguing go on as the testers go over the system.
>
> Armor will change to three types. AP will go away. Weapons will have
> up to three damage settings. Different classes will have different
> favored armors. Armors will have permanent disadvantages that can only
> be mitigated by being the right set of classes.

Sounds pretty interesting. If it starts going in right direction, it will
be a reason enough for me to get back into SWG. By right direction I mean
significant changes to combat, not just tweaks or discussions. I'd accept
multi-stage approach where each stage would be used to test out a certain
set of features. I know that devs said they would like to do the whole
thing at once. The problem is that there is no closed/open beta this time,
and the only place to try it with a big enough crowd to catch bugs is on
the Test Center. If anyone plays on the Test Center and notices something
started trickling out, could you let us know?

There were 3 big announcements yesterday concerning changes that are
supposed to be on Test Center in a few weeks. These are very brief, there's
a lot more detail in the announcement posts they made yesterday.

1. Changes to Group Looting (As it is now, only 1 Master Looter or Loot
Lottery)

2. Removal of the TEF system and how Neutral/Covert/Overt work. Will now
be:
a. Civilians (Like Neutrals now)
b. PvE Enabled (You can attack and be attacked by Faction NPCs but not
PvPers)
c. PvP Enabled (You can attack and be attacked by Faction NPCs and Faction
PCs)
d. On Leave (You are factioned, but you have a temporary 'neutral' status.
Keep Faction Points, etc, just can't attack or be attacked by Faction
opponents).

3. Changes to Bases, will now have PvP bases and PvE Bases. The number of
bases (with PvP being more heavily weighted) will count more towards
planetary control by each faction. PvE bases are just for fun killing
STs/Rebels and blowing things up while PvP bases are defended by PCs and
High end NPCs (inside the base) and are destroyed simliar to the way bases
work now.

As someone that doesn't like PvP, I love the changes. The biggest change
(for me) will be that the BH TEFs are also being changed so that when a BH
has a mission on a Jedi, the BH & the Jedi are the only ones that can be
involved int he combat at all... Noone can help either combatant. Which
means no more gank squads and no more Knights farming Padawans for FRS XP
(unless they go PvP enabled) I hope. :)

Thanks

The Bar-erras Clan
Lowca Galaxy

Alexei Boukirev wrote:

> Clawhound <none@nowhere.com> wrote in
>
>>There's lots of arguing go on as the testers go over the system.
>>
>>Armor will change to three types. AP will go away. Weapons will have
>>up to three damage settings. Different classes will have different
>>favored armors. Armors will have permanent disadvantages that can only
>>be mitigated by being the right set of classes.
>

> Sounds pretty interesting. If it starts going in right direction, it will
> be a reason enough for me to get back into SWG. By right direction I mean
> significant changes to combat, not just tweaks or discussions. I'd accept
> multi-stage approach where each stage would be used to test out a certain
> set of features. I know that devs said they would like to do the whole
> thing at once. The problem is that there is no closed/open beta this time,
> and the only place to try it with a big enough crowd to catch bugs is on
> the Test Center. If anyone plays on the Test Center and notices something
> started trickling out, could you let us know?

They announced several big initiatives last night. Announcements mean
that they have already done a great deal of work on these changes and
they are confident they will have them to Test Center in a few weeks to
a month.

They will actual have a veteran reward program.

They will be changing the GCW. You can be factioned without being overt.
You only PvP when you choose to go PvP. (Essentially, the faction system
is the same as space). They have a faction base system going in for the
planet control meta-game.

The game is getting interesting. Each publish of the last three
publishes has contained welcome changes.

CH

"Psyberowl" <owl@dmv.com> wrote in

> There were 3 big announcements yesterday concerning changes that are
> supposed to be on Test Center in a few weeks. These are very brief,
> there's a lot more detail in the announcement posts they made
> yesterday.

Thanks for the info, it's a big change indeed.

> As someone that doesn't like PvP, I love the changes. The biggest
> change (for me) will be that the BH TEFs are also being changed so
> that when a BH has a mission on a Jedi, the BH & the Jedi are the only
> ones that can be involved int he combat at all... Noone can help
> either combatant. Which means no more gank squads and no more Knights
> farming Padawans for FRS XP (unless they go PvP enabled) I hope. :)
>
> Thanks
>
> The Bar-erras Clan
> Lowca Galaxy

Not into PvP myself and this is cool.
Time to reinstall SWG, I guess :)

Alexei

wrote:

>Anthony Giampa wrote:
>
>> I hate to say it, but a month after JTL, when the grind (again) to Master
>> Pilot freakin' pissed me off I gave SWG a rest. I haven't played for a while
>> and went to WOW. It's pretty cool. There are aspects that are far better
>> than SWG, but I still think SWG was the better looking game. Anyhow, has
>> anything cool happened to smugglers? or anything new that's cool in general?
>>

>They are lifting artificial faction cap for smugglers. They are dropping
>AP. They are upping inventory to 80, and houses to 100,200, and 400.
>Large houses and guild halls take less lots. Multiplayer ships take no
>lots.
>
>I won't list everything here, but publish 12.1 and 12.2 are chock full
>of goodness.
>
>CH

But have they addressed the lag issues?

Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 08:37:47 -0500, Clawhound <none@nowhere.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Anthony Giampa wrote:
>>

>>>I hate to say it, but a month after JTL, when the grind (again) to Master
>>>Pilot freakin' pissed me off I gave SWG a rest. I haven't played for a while
>>>and went to WOW. It's pretty cool. There are aspects that are far better
>>>than SWG, but I still think SWG was the better looking game. Anyhow, has
>>>anything cool happened to smugglers? or anything new that's cool in general?
>>>

>>They are lifting artificial faction cap for smugglers. They are dropping
>>AP. They are upping inventory to 80, and houses to 100,200, and 400.
>>Large houses and guild halls take less lots. Multiplayer ships take no
>>lots.
>>
>>I won't list everything here, but publish 12.1 and 12.2 are chock full
>>of goodness.
>>
>>CH
>

> But have they addressed the lag issues?

Lag has gotten better. Also, they were quite serious when they said,
"Check your system for spyware." One spyware on my computer gave me the
drunken bee affect.

CH