MaximumPC 4870 X2 review...seriously?

I don't what to believe anymore
11 answers Last reply
More about maximumpc 4870 review seriously
  1. What about it? It doesn't look at all strange to me.
  2. seems okay to me.
  3. I thought the X2 was 30% faster, this article shows it on par or less even:P haha but I guess they are proffesionals:)
  4. I love the "benchmarks" at the bottom right. Only half are playable and one is UT3.
  5. Here are the Average fps,

4870 X2: 44.343 fps

280 GTX: 43.743 fps

that's like 3% increase over the 280 GTX:|
  6. Whats with the GRID score being so low on the 4870X2?
  7. They need to return that Q9770 apparently it is totally dead. I get over 30 FPS in Crysis at those settings, COMMON. And GRID?!?! I have never lagged in that game ONCE. 1 4870 X2 is on par with 2 280 GTXs not 1 280 GTX!
  8. The 4870 X2 is 30% faster than 1 280 GTX, I don't kno how accurate the Maximum PC mag is but I kno that alot of sites agree with that, there are some games that are different where teh 4870 X2 doubles the 280, GRID, HL2 etc.

But everything else they avg @ 30% increase in performance.
  9. The Grid test shows worse numbers than I would expect with a single 4870... Even I get better fps at that res on my card. Not just that but I would expect the X2 to completely demolish the GTX280 in COD4. Even a single 4870 can match the 280 in that game. Looks like they got everything messed up. And I am a MaximumPC subscriber (just paid $40 a few days ago and all I get is BS, what happened their NO BS policy?)..rather disappointed.
  10. Meh. I wouldn't put too much stock in it. They may have messed up the review somehow. I don't really look much at hardware reviews in printed media anymore except maybe to show someone an example of why an nVidia 8400 sucks :D .
  11. I'm very confused by the whole review. The benchmarks are just embarrassing since it was expected to make quite a leap. Yet they give such a high score anyways. So this can't be a Nvidia Biased review because of the final score and its certainly not flattering the card any to those who know those benchmarks are a real disappointment... I'm not even convinced that they actually benchmarked it.

Also what the heck is up with using X-men and X-Factor for the Pros and Cons. I understand it but its not funny.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics