Sign in with
Your question

* I want to overclock my i7 920 to 3.4 *

Last response: in Overclocking
December 29, 2009 3:01:14 PM

This is my first time overclocking and I don't want to mess anything up. I've been researching all morning, but I'm still confused as to what I should do. There's a lot of info out there and I feel like most of it doesn't apply to me because I'm NOT looking to overclock my Ram (just processor) and I'm ONLY looking to overclock it to 3.4 ghz.

I have a Prolimatech Megahalems cooler mounted on my i7 920 with 2 fans attached.

Can someone please explain to me what steps I need to take in order to JUST overclock my CPU (or point me in the right direction) ?

thanks!

More about : overclock 920

December 29, 2009 3:58:30 PM

treefrog07 said:
Did you read this thread? You should start there, and have your motherboard manual (BIOS section) handy.

yes, I read through that but I was wondering this: Does it matter if I only make changes to the CPU and not the RAM?
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
December 29, 2009 4:31:50 PM

If your BIOS allows it.
a b K Overclocking
December 29, 2009 5:44:15 PM

bigbonthabeat said:
yes, I read through that but I was wondering this: Does it matter if I only make changes to the CPU and not the RAM?

Any time you change your Bclk, you are changing the speed of the cpu AND ram. That's why it's a good idea to read the guides to get familiar with your Bios options and what you need to change.

!