thomson889

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
I HAVE A QUADCORE BUILT ARROUND 4GB RAM WITH A STRIKER EXTREME MOTHERBOARD AND 850W POWERPACK AND WOULD LIKE SOMEONES HELP IN IDENTIFYING WHY I KEEP GETTING CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR WHEN I BOOT UP AFTER LEAVING THE POWER OFF OVERNIGHT ....I HAVE CHANGED THE BATTERY 3 TIMES AND UPDATED THE BIOS I HAVE EVEN CHECKED THE VOLTAGE OUTPUT OF THE BATTERY AND IT STAYS THE SAME OUTPUT I HAVE CHECKED ALL CONNECTIONS I AM AT A LOSS WITH THIS PROBLEM CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

It is posible that your power supply is not compatable with your motherboard try changing it with another make and see if this fixes the problem. The problem with the power supply could be that the power good signal may be early or late in asserting itself.

johnyeah

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
You might want to describe your problem in an organized manner. My head is dizzy trying to read your thing.

Can you list out the specs of your system?

thomson889

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
My system specifications are as follows
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.93GHz
4GB of Ram
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
Directx 10
nvidia 8800 gtx
850watt Nvidia power supply
Asus Striker Extreme Motherboard

thomson889

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
my system seems to run fine everytime i boot up and restart and its only when i unplug my system from the mains and leave it any length of time or even overnight i get this error message on booting up CMOS Checksum Error please press f1 or delte to continue like i said only if i unplug the system from mains socket and leave overnight i have changed the battery on numerous times and i am at a loss please help

thomson889

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
after changing the battery everytime i did go into the bios and save everything but evertime i keep unplugging from the mains and leaving it still the same problem. the only way to keep the system running stable and not generating this error is shutting system down and leaving it plugged in at the mains and evry restart or boot up things are ok. only when i unplug from the mains absolute nightmare :)