Sign in with
Your question

Mobo is crazy??

Last response: in Motherboards
January 16, 2009 9:12:25 AM

Hello,

I've got a problem that's driving me crazy.

I recently bought 2x1Gb memories which I tried to install on my mobo. Unfortunately they didn't work quite as well as expected, so I simply decided to keep my 2x512mb (plus the 2x1Gb I've always had).

Ever since though, my motherboard is acting weirdly. Somtimes, after complet shut downs, every time I try to run the computer, my mobo fans and lights turn on, everything turns off for a split second, then powers up as normal. After this weird event, I'm always unable to start Vista as I keep getting a blank page after the green loading bar.

This wont happen when I boot into Safe Mode, because when I restart the computer while in Safe Mode, the mobo acts naturally, making it possible for me to boot into Vista.

What the hell is going on?

Thanks.

More about : mobo crazy

January 16, 2009 9:36:14 AM

There may be something up with the BIOS,a value may have been changed during the installation of other ram.

Try reseting the CMOS. Does your mobo have a jumper that you can remove to disconnect the battery? or simply remove the battery for a couple of minutes, then replace.

This will return your BIOS to factory settings.
January 16, 2009 11:13:52 AM

Thank you but that was my first attempt at trying to fix it, and it won't fix anything.

What else could it be?

January 17, 2009 11:41:22 AM

Nobody can help me?
!