Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

FC2 is DX10.1

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 17, 2008 6:44:14 PM

Holy cr@p!! Fudzilla says Far Cry 2 is DX10.1 http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&ta...

Who has the Radeons? :p 

More about : fc2 dx10

a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2008 6:56:53 PM

Holy Cr@p!! This was already posted!






Scroll down like 2 inches on your 15 inch monitor and you will notice it. =P


Oh yea, I've got a Radeon, recently switched actually from Nvidiota
October 17, 2008 7:21:23 PM

Annisman said:
Oh yea, I've got a Radeon, recently switched actually from Nvidiota

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :bounce: 
Related resources
October 17, 2008 7:31:08 PM

OMG little to no difference:D  lol

the only thing I'm lookin forward to in 10.1 is that 20% increase in performance they were talking about with AA on. I don't see it, I really don't care:) 
October 17, 2008 7:35:41 PM

Where where where has this been posted...lol... my 17" doesn't show :p 

Why no difference... Assassin's C got some major boost thanx to 10.1
October 17, 2008 7:40:09 PM

mihirkula said:
Where where where has this been posted...lol... my 17" doesn't show :p 

Why no difference... Assassin's C got some major boost thanx to 10.1


+1
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2008 7:40:42 PM

It could mean the difference of having to lower IQ overall or not, but no biggie
October 17, 2008 8:59:32 PM

Free AA I can live with that while you nvidiotas need raise that core.
October 17, 2008 11:10:05 PM

How did this DX10.1 bull pucky slip through the (WIMTBP) cracks? Nvidia needs to press charges. This is an outrage.
October 18, 2008 1:06:26 AM

cyber_jockey said:
Free AA I can live with that while you nvidiotas need raise that core.



Seeing as you have neither it shouldn't be a prob for ur X1900 :) 


We'll see what it does, I'll compare screenies with the 4870 X2 and the 280s. I can't wait actually if its free AA, we should all be happy.


I don't kno what to beleive though, I mean the 4870 X2 was supposed to run like a single GPU card, but that flopped ...sigh this better be worth it.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 18, 2008 1:33:45 AM

yeah 4870X2 is a great card... but is viewed personally as a flop as it didn't do as promised (1.6 - 1.8 scaling no matter what)

I'm a little disappointed actually... I saw some preliminary benchmarks for FC2 here:

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,663817/Test/Benchmar...

and it doesn't actually perform that well compared to crysis... + it looks like sh*t in those screen shots... I don't know yet about this game...
October 18, 2008 2:27:34 AM

Quote:
yeah 4870X2 is a great card... but is viewed personally as a flop as it didn't do as promised (1.6 - 1.8 scaling no matter what)

I'm a little disappointed actually... I saw some preliminary benchmarks for FC2 here:

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,663817/Test/Benchmar...

and it doesn't actually perform that well compared to crysis... + it looks like sh*t in those screen shots... I don't know yet about this game...


According to that benchmark it looks like I need an upgrade :sweat: 
a b U Graphics card
October 18, 2008 2:52:46 AM

That was without the patched driver. Just wait, and see when its released, as these benches were too early to show the difference. Look at how the 4870 dominates the G260, so the 4850 will get a nice boost from this patch. Im thinking this game should play fine at lower fps, like Crysis does.
October 18, 2008 3:14:51 AM

Sweet, I might be able to play this pretty decently on my HD 3850 in DX10 then. I had a very nice boost in AC when I reinstalled it and didn't patch it, so this hopefully will be the same deal.
a b U Graphics card
October 18, 2008 3:24:39 AM

I would guess the drivers for both nVidia and ATI arent fully optimised yet, but it looks like ATI got the jump on nVidia with theirs
October 18, 2008 3:31:12 AM

This is good. Not just for ATI and Ubi but for gamers. Hopefully there will be some pressure now to get away from DX10 and move into DX10.1 and beyond.
a b U Graphics card
October 18, 2008 3:35:40 AM

Well, we know DX11 is coming eventually, maybe July of next year, or possibly even earlier, so adopting DX10.1 now is good timing. Too bad nVidia deems it as unnecessary
October 18, 2008 3:43:07 AM

Nvidia sees it as eye candy and isn't worried about performance because of their king card the 280 GTX.

I doubt the single 4870 will catch up to the 280 GTX but the 4870 X2 should show its shine right about now.

Like I said before I doubt the full potential of the X2 will be achieved until the the revisions of the new ATI, and by then it will get phased out just like the GX2. The 280 GTX might live during the process but be put down with the revision as well.

Nvidia is very well known to stop driver support all of a sudden, and dual GPU cards are always the first to go for either company. Thats why I'm kinda of afraid of whats going to happen, and I'm pondering of just selling the X2 all together. i'm going to wait till star craft 2, if it truly uses dx 10.1 I'll prob stay put.

Very hard decisions comin soon enough, Nvidia's 350 GTX, and the ATi revisions. What they pull out of their rump only time will tell.
a b U Graphics card
October 18, 2008 5:56:10 AM

L1qu1d said:
Nvidia sees it as eye candy and isn't worried about performance because of their king card the 280 GTX.

I doubt the single 4870 will catch up to the 280 GTX but the 4870 X2 should show its shine right about now.

Like I said before I doubt the full potential of the X2 will be achieved until the the revisions of the new ATI, and by then it will get phased out just like the GX2. The 280 GTX might live during the process but be put down with the revision as well.

Nvidia is very well known to stop driver support all of a sudden, and dual GPU cards are always the first to go for either company. Thats why I'm kinda of afraid of whats going to happen, and I'm pondering of just selling the X2 all together. i'm going to wait till star craft 2, if it truly uses dx 10.1 I'll prob stay put.

Very hard decisions comin soon enough, Nvidia's 350 GTX, and the ATi revisions. What they pull out of their rump only time will tell.



Don't go AWOL on me Liquid, stay strong, keep that X2. It IS the BEST single card on the market these days. And for people (like you and me) who constantly upgrade to the latest and greatest cards, are you REALLY concerned about long-term driver support? Odds are you'll sell that beast and move on to the next Nvidia/ATI X2 / flagship when it comes out anyways, I mean, am I wrong?
October 18, 2008 6:19:47 AM

=D Finally a game that uses the extra .1 in DX10! yuppie!
a b U Graphics card
October 18, 2008 12:22:05 PM

cyber_jockey said:
Free AA I can live with that while you nvidiotas need raise that core.

whats wrong being an nvidiotas??
celebrate the moment. 1 more game that finally supports 10.1!!!
=]
October 18, 2008 12:51:55 PM

he has an x1900 he doesn't have anything to celebrate about:p 

I think i'm going to be happier when I find a good water cooling block for the X2.
October 18, 2008 1:22:54 PM

It is interesting to see a Q6600 compare to the e8400 in this game. Only I doubt that it would that make much difference when you hit higher resolutions. I predict that if you have at least a 3.2-3.4 dual and a 2.8-3.0 quad you should be fine in this game unlike crysis. Overall I just really hope this game is fun! and I love the gameplay video of when hes driving the jeep around. sweet!
October 18, 2008 1:23:07 PM

It is interesting to see a Q6600 compare to the e8400 in this game. Only I doubt that it would that make much difference when you hit higher resolutions. I predict that if you have at least a 3.2-3.4 dual and a 2.8-3.0 quad you should be fine in this game unlike crysis. Overall I just really hope this game is fun! and I love the gameplay video of when hes driving the jeep around. sweet!
October 18, 2008 2:27:14 PM

double post:p 
October 18, 2008 4:52:48 PM

Those still on an a64(or god forbid, p4) are going to have to go Phenom or core duo/quad to keep the min above 30 for smooth gameplay. It's looking like the min cpu power is a 3GHz a64 x2 or a core duo 2.2GHz or quad at 2GHz. I wonder how well a midrange radeon hd2600xt that I recieved today is going to perform in dx9 under winxp. Im guessing 1920x1080p medium details no aa/af :) 
October 18, 2008 7:30:14 PM

NewLCD123 said:
I wonder how well a midrange radeon hd2600xt that I recieved today is going to perform in dx9 under winxp. Im guessing 1920x1080p medium details no aa/af :) 

Very bad. This resolution is not something that 2600XT can afford, for sure. My opinion is that you can play at medium details on 1280x800.
P.S.
No offence mate, but haveing 24"+ monitor with 2600XT is like owning a ferrari with second hand worn-out tyres. :) 
October 19, 2008 8:18:51 AM

The pictures on the review don't look very impressive. They actually worry me. I'm still buying the game either way, but...maybe it's just console pics instead of PC.
October 19, 2008 8:42:42 AM

one-shot said:
The pictures on the review don't look very impressive. They actually worry me.


His highness is not pleased with those screenshots? Maybe a real outing in Africa would be more realistic for ya
October 19, 2008 2:03:09 PM

yonef said:
Very bad. This resolution is not something that 2600XT can afford, for sure. My opinion is that you can play at medium details on 1280x800.
P.S.
No offence mate, but haveing 24"+ monitor with 2600XT is like owning a ferrari with second hand worn-out tyres. :) 



Right now I have a 32" 1360x768 LCD monitor/TV so this isn't really high res gaming. I will upgrade again soon and give this cheap core duo rig to my mom thatll replace her slow celeron 1.1GHz. I got that video card way too cheap, but im not complaining. Itll mean more money for an even better card soon.
October 19, 2008 2:13:28 PM

mihirkula said:
His highness is not pleased with those screenshots? Maybe a real outing in Africa would be more realistic for ya


Come on be fair, I mean look @ stalker, it doesn't look "amazing" yet it kills ur computer. Same with FC2, its a good looking game, but we were already treated to Crysis, and Warhead, which has better graphics than this game.

What we can hope for is gameplay that suites our needs;)
October 19, 2008 2:15:55 PM

I don't have to worry about that, I have never played crysis yet. So it should all look amazing to me.
October 19, 2008 2:17:48 PM

thats still not an excuse:) 

I like the lighting in the game, but the models don't look as detailed to me from the screenies.

Environment is done really well, but we'll see how much the physics plays a role in this.
October 19, 2008 4:44:01 PM

one-shot said:
The pictures on the review don't look very impressive. They actually worry me. I'm still buying the game either way, but...maybe it's just console pics instead of PC.



It is tough to judge graphics off review pics and 4 inch videos but it for sure won't be Crysis graphics. That is fine though because they aren't using the graphics as a selling point. With lighting and shading effects (look at COD4) you can make a game look pretty good and run smooth.

They are using the game play as a selling point so that is what I would like to see really come through for FC2. Pushing the visual boundaries is one way to go with a game but game play is another aspect that IMO is more important. Half-life series comes to mind...the game sucks you in but the graphics aren't anything to write home about. When ever I hear people over walkies with deep voices I start to panic for some reason...

What is good about that type of immersive game play is that you forget about the graphics after the first 5 minutes anyway so they don't need to be tip top. I admit...it would be nice to have Crysis graphics...but I think it is more important to keep the game smooth so you don't think about changing the graphic settings in the middle of some heavy action because the FPS are bogged down.
October 19, 2008 5:23:41 PM

^ When HL 2 first came out the graphics were cutting edge. Actually, I think Steam is a great looking engine, it's just that some of the textures that they use in the game aren't that good. However, the faces and the open environment, and the reflections off the water in HL 2 games still compare if not best most games out.

Anyway, we'll all find out how good the game is/isn't soon enough. In fact, I'll probably pre-order it today or tomorrow.
October 19, 2008 5:25:20 PM

L1qu1d said:
Come on be fair, I mean look @ stalker, it doesn't look "amazing" yet it kills ur computer. Same with FC2, its a good looking game, but we were already treated to Crysis, and Warhead, which has better graphics than this game.

What we can hope for is gameplay that suites our needs;)



You are right. Stalker is not very nice to my PC. I have high hopes for Far Cry 2 tho, no disrespect for the game.
October 19, 2008 5:29:27 PM

San Pedro said:
^ When HL 2 first came out the graphics were cutting edge. Actually, I think Steam is a great looking engine, it's just that some of the textures that they use in the game aren't that good. However, the faces and the open environment, and the reflections off the water in HL 2 games still compare if not best most games out.

Anyway, we'll all find out how good the game is/isn't soon enough. In fact, I'll probably pre-order it today or tomorrow.


Half Life 2 with Cinematic Mod 9 looks great. The textures are huge and the game takes lots of ram. It would always crash on my old 32Bit XP due to the limitations of the OS. I have Vista x64 and it plays it no problem.
October 19, 2008 5:38:25 PM

one-shot said:
You are right. Stalker is not very nice to my PC. I have high hopes for Far Cry 2 tho, no disrespect for the game.


Wasn't targetting your computer directly sorry for making it seem like it, when I said ur, I mean the public. Even a 280 GTX does around 40 fps maxes out stalker @ 1280x1024 from benchmarks I've seen.


I have high hopes for FC2 as well, I don't care all that much about graphics to be honest as long as the fps are stable. I like the 35 mile no loading screen or 50 or w.e number :) 

I'm also hoping that survival theme plays a bigger role then just blind narrow shooting in this game. when FC 1 came out, it was soo revolutionary because it was the first jungle theme game where you can actually sneak and not just shoot, also go anywhere without being worried.

:) 
a c 169 U Graphics card
October 19, 2008 7:21:45 PM

Stalker works very bad for me too,i get 20 FPS everything maxed out 1680x1050 DX10.
even if i change the settings i still dont get good FPS
October 19, 2008 8:30:32 PM

Its magazine scans. Stop being so anal and protective of Crysis.
October 19, 2008 11:21:03 PM

yes thats a mag scan, but Game trailers has both Spike TV trailer and online HD gameplay video:) 

So don't just blurt out none sense:)  I'm not protecting Crysis, I'm speaking sense. It wasn't created to compete with Crysis graphics, we all knew that from day 1!
October 20, 2008 1:01:38 AM

Its not nonsense. You got a person in this thread crying over some pics in the link.

Youre not the only person here, you know that right?
October 20, 2008 1:14:30 AM

I think every1 has to be entitled to their own opinion, that doesn't mean you have to take a personal shot:)  to "other" people of this thread.

I can tell you right now that todate I think Half life 2 Episode 2 has the best graphics even better than Crysis, whos to say what looks good and detailed to me??

That's my opinion :) 


Anyways,

From what I've see we should be able to distinguish objects better with High brightness, on top of the "free AA". Only reason I say "free AA" is because I don't beleive seeing any concrete benchmarks even with Assasin's creed showing fps increase, or significant fps increase.

I'm kinda glad that Star craft 2 has it though:)  it took em this long to get that dang game out it better be made using the latest hardware!
October 20, 2008 2:09:41 AM

L1qu1d said:
thats still not an excuse:) 

Environment is done really well, but we'll see how much the physics plays a role in this.


In the demo movie where the storm rolls in it seems pretty realistic how the environment responds. They show that all of the smoke and debris obey the wind direction....pretty cool. Making paths through the grass and having the AI follow them is pretty cool too. I get the impression that the Dunia engine doesn't seem to be as hardcore with physics as the Cryengine2 but it does seem to focus more on environment realism.


spathotan said:
Its magazine scans. Stop being so anal and protective of Crysis.



Are you directing that at L1qu1d? There isn't any protection of Crysis....FC2 won't be on par with Crysis graphics. That is all that he has been saying. I was talking about this above, it wouldn't be a good idea on Ubi's part to gun for high quality graphics. The target of the game is to be as immersive as it can get. If they ramped up the graphics to where everyone was constantly adjusting the settings, like you do in Crysis, it would make their efforts pointless. If they don't want you to cut away to a map, they for sure don't want you to go through the graphics menu over and over to fix the lags.

October 20, 2008 2:19:26 AM

exactly^

Crysis took a risk making an enthusiasts game. They wanted to make a game long last in technology but forgot that gameplay matters as well (which Warhead fixed, I just wanted to add that, the Warhead gameplay was 10 x's better than Crysis 1 gameplay).

Far Cry 2 took the open road making a very manageable (from benchmarks) game to play maxed out while still being able to keep enough gloss to prob make it at the top of the best graphics of 2008.

Honestly I think that Cyrsis 1 was just released fast to push ppl into buying top end gear (my opinion, prob not true, but it seems logic, since 2 280s still have frame rate drops to 30s).

Either way, I have this game pre order in EBgames (Gamestop in the US) and I'm also downloading it as we speak:) 

Not bad for 49.99$:p 
October 20, 2008 2:53:43 AM

^^ i think intel had something to do with the game being taxing
!