Publish 13

Last response: in Video Games
February 10, 2005 11:58:30 AM

Publish 13.0
February 10, 2005
Inventory

• Inventory has been increased to now hold 80 items

Structures
• All Housing item limits have been changed. This will mean that small
houses can now store 100 items for a Naboo small house, and 200 for the
the other small and medium houses. Large houses and Guild Halls can now
store 400 items each instead of being limited to 250 items each
• Large houses should now take up 5 lots instead of 6.• Guild halls
should now take up 5 lots instead of 7.
• Fix problem where a factory will stop producing items for no apparent
reason, even though the factory has sufficient maintenance, power,
ingredients, and the output hopper is not full.• Fixed a problem that
can cause items dropped into a structure to disappear after you leave
the structure and re-enter the structure later.
• Fixed when you are too far from a structure to /name, /paymaint you
get a message "You are too far from the terminal to purchase a ticket."•
Factory owners are now notified with an appropriate message via system
message and mail when the factory stops making items because the output
hopper is full.

Profession Smuggler
• Smugglers no longer have an artificial faction point cap when buying
faction points. The cap is their actual point cap. Signing up with the
faction will make a larger bribery option available, and rising in ranks
will increase the cap as per normal factional progression.

Profession Combat Medic, Doctors and Medics
• The total amount of time delay between Medic wound healing has been
reduced to a third of the original delay.

Profession Entertainer / Dancer / Musician
• The minimum time required to watch an Entertainer before having a mind
buff applied has been reduced from 2 minutes to 1 minute.
• Increased Entertainer/Dancer/Musician wound healing• It now takes half
as long to apply an Entertainer mind buff.
• It now takes a quarter of the time it used to take to heal
Mind/Focus/Willpower wounds.

All Professions
• Removed all apprentice XP requirements from all professions• Decreased
Incapacitation Time by 50%

UI
• The radial menu options to invite someone to your group has been
increased from 32m to a max distance of 90 meters.
• An option to display faction rank has been added to the Community -
Character UI page. When enabled, the faction rank will be displayed
above your character (just below the character name).• An option was
added to turn off game object arrows on the radar
• An option was added to turn off friendly NPCs from the radar to make
the radar cleaner and allow you to more easily see your Avatar.• All
skills with three line names now appear correctly in skills window
• Radial Menus on installations (factories and harvesters) will be
accessible up to approximately 20m from the outer edge of the installation.
• Sneak Peak: We have developed two new interfaces that we think are
easier to use. New Star Wars Galaxies TEST and New MMORPG (EQ2 syle)
TEST operate without using the Alt key. We have a sneak peak of these
interfaces that are still under construction in this release. Click here
to read more. Remember these are marked TEST because they are still
being refined and subject to change.

Spawn
• Increased spawn for krayt dragons again
• We have added some new static spawns to Tatooine, Talus and Rori.
Static means the spawn is not spawned by players or missions and the
spawn area will respawn on it's on. Get that hunting gear on and head
out to find the new groups of NPCs that roam the galaxies.

Profession Artisan• Fixed the over brightening of the surveying effect

Space
•The yacht, the yt1300, the Decimator, and the Nova Courier should no
longer take up a lot space.• Added 20 new space missions in the Dathomir
and Rori space zones.
â—¦ Dathomir Station
â–ª New destroy and escort missions for Imperial pilots
â–ª New destroy and escort missions for Privateer pilots
â–ª New story-driven missions for Imperial pilots
â–ª New story-driven missions for Privateer pilots
â—¦
Rori Station
â–ª New destroy and escort missions for Imperial pilots
â–ª New destroy and escort missions for RSF pilots
â–ª New story-driven missions for Rebel pilots

Combat
• Wounded players can no longer migrate stats that would result in a sum
total of 0 or less due to wounds causing permanent incapacitation

Server Stability
• Improved client stability
• Fixed a problem players were experiencing with a rubberbanding effect.
• Streamlined the terrain system to improve client performance

Chat
• Added a "CNTRL + R" command for replying to "/tells". Reply currently
has the issue of replying to the last person that sent you a message.
So, if you /reply to someone and you receive a message in the middle of
the response, your private message is sent to another player. This is
now fixed by changing CNTRL+R to send a "tell" the player who sent you
the last message at the time you hit CNTRL+R.

Japanese Localizations
• /log will now save Japanese chat correctly
• Chat messages can be in Japanese in macros!• IME candidate window now
appears relative to the text being typed

Veteran Rewards

Veteran Rewards allow us to offer players rewards in recognition of
their investment in Star Wars Galaxies. The intent of the Veteran
Rewards program is to show our appreciation to players who have been a
part of the Star Wars Galaxies community over time by offering them a
selection of exclusive rewards. Click here to read all about the Vet
Rewards Program!

More about : publish

February 10, 2005 11:58:31 AM

another dull publish.

"Clawhound" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> if you /reply to someone and you receive a message in the middle of the
> response, your private message is sent to another player. This is now
> fixed by changing CNTRL+R to send a "tell" the player who sent you the
> last message at the time you hit CNTRL+R.
>
> Japanese Localizations
> . /log will now save Japanese chat correctly
> . Chat messages can be in Japanese in macros!. IME candidate window now
> appears relative to the text being typed
>
> Veteran Rewards
>
> Veteran Rewards allow us to offer players rewards in recognition of their
> investment in Star Wars Galaxies. The intent of the Veteran Rewards
> program is to show our appreciation to players who have been a part of the
> Star Wars Galaxies community over time by offering them a selection of
> exclusive rewards. Click here to read all about the Vet Rewards Program!
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 5:17:08 AM

another dull publish??

"Anthony" <aevansjr3@nospamhahha.cox.net> wrote in message
> [...]
>> So, if you /reply to someone and you receive a message in the middle of
>> the response, your private message is sent to another player. This is
>> now fixed by changing CNTRL+R to send a "tell" the player who sent you
>> the last message at the time you hit CNTRL+R.
>>
>> Japanese Localizations
>> . /log will now save Japanese chat correctly
>> . Chat messages can be in Japanese in macros!. IME candidate window now
>> appears relative to the text being typed
>>
>> Veteran Rewards
>>
>> Veteran Rewards allow us to offer players rewards in recognition of their
>> investment in Star Wars Galaxies. The intent of the Veteran Rewards
>> program is to show our appreciation to players who have been a part of
>> the Star Wars Galaxies community over time by offering them a selection
>> of exclusive rewards. Click here to read all about the Vet Rewards

Related resources
February 11, 2005 5:17:09 AM

Excatly no real no content cant wait for the next expansion pack though
wonder what it will add. and the combat revamp really looking forward to
that but this publish 13 was dull. I miss being excited for a publish like
when mounts and vehicles came out

"Gilbert A Garza" <ggarza@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>>> So, if you /reply to someone and you receive a message in the middle of
>>> the response, your private message is sent to another player. This is
>>> now fixed by changing CNTRL+R to send a "tell" the player who sent you
>>> the last message at the time you hit CNTRL+R.
>>>
>>> Japanese Localizations
>>> . /log will now save Japanese chat correctly
>>> . Chat messages can be in Japanese in macros!. IME candidate window now
>>> appears relative to the text being typed
>>>
>>> Veteran Rewards
>>>
>>> Veteran Rewards allow us to offer players rewards in recognition of
>>> their investment in Star Wars Galaxies. The intent of the Veteran
>>> Rewards program is to show our appreciation to players who have been a
>>> part of the Star Wars Galaxies community over time by offering them a
>>> selection of exclusive rewards. Click here to read all about the Vet

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 9:34:52 PM

Reply to message from "Gilbert A Garza" <ggarza@woh.rr.com> (Fri, 11 Feb
2005 04:17:08) about "Re: Publish 13":

GA> another dull publish??

YES!

I dont need a dumb toy to place in my house. What this game needs is:

Fixing the base raids mutating to a 15 minute Screenshot. Fix
Rubberbanding...it still happens in populated areas.

The people actually want to PLAY THIS GAME, which means to be at least able
to me in large battles. At least on BRIA that is. We had HUGE battles
before, with way more people than f.e. last night WITHOUT getting the game
frozen for more than 15 minutes. I can play with lag, but not in a
SCREENSHOT!

I dont need no friggin ingame-toy or an anti-decay-kit (which will lead to
every jedi having the same saber within a few months). This is looking like
making the game agiant joke, givi the people everything they want...BEFORE
CLOSING IT DOWN!

Thx SOE!

Bye
Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de> Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:20:50 +0200

February 11, 2005 9:34:53 PM

I will say that I like not having to scour the earth to gain AP points
anymore. While I agree it was a great idea to get interaction from other
players, "forcing" them to group just to master a profession was a step in
the wrong direction. Our guild would do training sessions on given days
because we felt that SOE was trying to force us into their play style. I
also was not into the little miniatures, but I did sell my anti decay kit
for 10 mil. Just not that important to me. The credits allow me to maintain
the few harvesters and the 2 houses I use (1 for guild storage) and the
freedom to replace stuff that I break due to picking the wrong kind of fight
(what, that Krayt cons red? So, I think I'll shoot it and see what
happens....ooof, loading, please wait) and really get into the meat of the
game. I can afford to go exploring, participate in the GCW now if I like and
I am more able to pursue other professions. I initially was going to use the
kit on a lightsaber but I figured, since crystals are so plentiful; etc, why
bother. It's just a game.

Anyhow, that's my ramble on it :)

--
Obitrotzu Ossko
Teras Kasi Master

"Dirk Pfeiffer" <dirk@dbx501.de> wrote in message
> Reply to message from "Gilbert A Garza" <ggarza@woh.rr.com> (Fri, 11 Feb
> 2005 04:17:08) about "Re: Publish 13":
>

> GA> another dull publish??
>
> YES!
>
> I dont need a dumb toy to place in my house. What this game needs is:
>
> Fixing the base raids mutating to a 15 minute Screenshot. Fix
> Rubberbanding...it still happens in populated areas.
>
> The people actually want to PLAY THIS GAME, which means to be at least
able
> to me in large battles. At least on BRIA that is. We had HUGE battles
> before, with way more people than f.e. last night WITHOUT getting the game
> frozen for more than 15 minutes. I can play with lag, but not in a
> SCREENSHOT!
>
> I dont need no friggin ingame-toy or an anti-decay-kit (which will lead to
> every jedi having the same saber within a few months). This is looking
like
> making the game agiant joke, givi the people everything they want...BEFORE
> CLOSING IT DOWN!
>
> Thx SOE!
>

> Bye
> Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de> Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:20:50 +0200
>
> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 8:23:56 AM

Person who bought that anti decay kit for 10 mill got themselves a bargain.
It is worth ALOT more.

There is a better way to make millions. Get lucky on a couple AA's or CA
tapes. No clue what server you play on but Ahazi, a simple +5 skill mod
speed tape for some of the popular professions can yield me 5million plus

!