Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Temperature
  • Fan Speed
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 17, 2008 10:57:11 PM

Hi

I uppgraded the catalyst controller from 8.8 to 8.10. When I had the 8.8 verson I used rivatuner to set the fan speed and CCC to watch the temperature of my 2 HIS 4850 cards.

I uppgraded because I would get 15 % better performance in unrel 3 and because CCC had gotten it`s own fan controll. CCC`s fan controll did not work so I decided to go back to rivatuner.
Now that I have uppgraded rivatuner says it does not support the driver. I uppgraded to rivatunes 2.11 but still the same.

Since I could not find another way to controll the fans I tried to make it work anyway. I bypassed the warning and sat bothe card fans at 48%. It worked. I could hear the fan speed rising.

But here is my problem:

When I have set the fan speed CCC does not read the temperature anymore. It just stands still at 54 degrees celcius on both cards and on one the activity is locked on 1 % one card and 24 % on the other card.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Is there another program I can use to check the temperature on my graphic cards?
Or is best just to install CCC 8.8 again?

Thanks

More about : radeon 4850 temperature

October 17, 2008 11:17:50 PM

I would realy like to be able to watch the temperature of my cards.
October 17, 2008 11:32:02 PM

Can anyone help?
Related resources
October 22, 2008 8:07:20 AM

No experience with CF or SLI, but try "GPU-Z" to monitor both cards. Or maybe Lavalys Everest.
October 23, 2008 2:06:35 AM

^+1 on gpu-z
October 23, 2008 5:36:21 PM

I would say GPU-Z as well. I know rivatuner does gpu temp monitoring but I don't know if it does it for 2 cards at once. Specially since it only says it supports 8.8 drivers.
!