Does mild o/c effect itunes or foobar?

petemony

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I,m running i7 920 on gigabyte ex58-ud3r motherboard at 3.00 gigs, 150 Mhz, cpu 1.312v, dram 1.600v Asus xonar essence stx sound card. every now and then I hear slight glitch. Old creative live 24bit not on o/c board didn't. I'm new to this please make the answer as simple as possible or explain steps thanks

Solution
I don't know why but I've found iTunes to be more of a pain on various PC's that I have than anything else.

The first thing I would do is make sure you have all the latest drivers and updates for iTunes and that cured some glitches for me.
Not to sure on what the question is. But I'll try my best.

If you have OCed your CPU and you find that iTunes crashes or stops responding (this could happen with any program) then your OC might not be stable - In this case you can either try and make your OC stable or not OC so much.

What the **** is Foobar?

petemony

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
memory tested no errors or problems burned in at 100% cpu and sys test for four hours all is ok except still glitching in Itoons I own 2 ipods and itunes is the easiest way to keep them synced.

LoneWolf_53

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I don't know why but I've found iTunes to be more of a pain on various PC's that I have than anything else.

The first thing I would do is make sure you have all the latest drivers and updates for iTunes and that cured some glitches for me.

Solution

LoneWolf_53

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

Similar issues for me on step daughters PC which works just fine with anything else.

I finally gave up trouble shooting it speculating that since it's an Apple app maybe a Mac is where it belongs. :D

I figured it couldn't simply be a fluke that it misbehaves on pretty much any PC I install it on.

petemony

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
thanks guys test of i tunes on my system revealed itoons stable at default speed but glitch on anything but mild O/C (under 3 GHz) maybe next update of cartoons, Itoons may fix love forum learning alot!