Need help guys, Black screen after windows loading bar.

Croaten

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
Hey guys, I have run into a problem.

I just got in some new Logitech z-5500 speakers. After after getting them all set up I go to power on my computer and something odd happens. When I hit the power button fans and lights come on like normal but after about one second or so everything turns off for a split second them powers up as normal. This did not happen before I messed with the case today. Then it goes into the normal boot up routine, but after the Windows loading bar nothing happens. I just goes to a black screen and stays there in power savings mode. I have disconnected the speakers, tried a different power supply cord and plug in, triple checked all the physical connections to the mother board and all items. Everything seems seated properly.

The strange thing is it will boot into safe mode just fine. I just do not know where to go from here. System spec are:

Asus P5Q Deluxe
e8400
4870 visiontek
750 Cosair
2x2 ddr2800 Mushkin
WD640

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

Fwertz

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2008
Try to boot up into safe mode and run an error check on the HD. Did you shut your computer an ill regular way, bump it or touch the HD during the installation of your z5500's?

auscanzukus

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
The power-cycling is normal for P45/P35/X38/X48 when bios detects change in cpu/ram settings. This change can happen by itself. A simple fix is to clear cmos & reenter bios settings. I suspect only the cpu/ram settings are changed and the rest are intact.

Kenetix

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Hey I'm having the same problem

Does anyone know how to fix this? All i did was install a pair of Ram memories which i ended up replacing with my old ones due to incompatibility issues :S

Any help would be appreciated.