Sign in with
Your question

Black Screen of Death - Check Signal Cable...

Last response: in Systems
September 22, 2008 11:52:20 PM

Hey guys, yesterday, my computer was off, and my room's electricity cranked out, and I had to go reset a breaker. The electricity comes back fine. However, when I tried to boot up my computer again, I got a "Check Signal Cable" error on my Samsung 204BW 20" LCD. The computer itself surprisingly boots up fine, although the screen is blank. I tried logging in (blind), and pressed enter, I get the Windows sound from my speakers, and I get the logoff when I Alt-F4 (again, blind) shut down. I tried the monitor using VGA with an older computer (it only has integrated graphics, and the monitor is fine. I was using DVI on my new rig, and tried VGA on that, no show. Now, I know the monitor is fine.....the Dvi cable should be fine too....(this is a 3-week old rig)....I'm running a Gigabyte EP35-DS3L, 2GB OCZ Plat, Rev2 DDR2 800, WD 640GB, Antec P182, and eVGA 8800GT.....now I'm tempted to blame it on the Graphic Card...maybe not sending signal?

Thanks
September 23, 2008 12:04:08 AM

Your PSU or your GPU might have gotten damaged.
September 23, 2008 12:24:05 AM

I have a 30 day return policy on most of the stuff (including GPU)....but remember, my computer seems like it can still boot quite.....I'd like to get the low-down...my 30 days are up in a few days...
September 24, 2008 11:08:19 PM

bump
!