Weird problem... please help me if you know.

Carnacior

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I might choosen the wrong category but i did not know where it could fit better since i dont know the exact reason of my problem.
The problem is that my pc runs like crap on things that it should not. When a website has flash in it my mouse lags ugly. And also does that when a website has some advanced javascript in it ( snow efects and stuff ). And not only on websites it also lags on some applications on my pc by random. And on stuff that on my specs must run very good since on my shitty EEE PC 901 netbook works like charm.

Things i have tryed to do:
- format + fresh windows install
- tryed different browsers
- installed latest flash player and tryed also downgrading
- i had some problems with my videocard... the cooler smoked and i thought my videocard its also smoked so i changed it to a 5200 256mb ddr2 but was a big mistake after i saw the benchmark scores and the 6600 scored 10 times better :)
- i thought my hard drive its smoked too so upgraded to a sata hard drive and installed windows on that and same lag.
- tryed other mouses and still same thing :)
- also tryed overclocking the cpu at 2.6 ghz and still no results even downclock to 1.8 and stuff and no results :|

And the weird thing is that some good games run smooth. Live For Speed on huge resolution 3840x1080 runs good and youtube lags :| i cant understand that.

Questions:
Is it possible to be the CPU smoked ? Or motherboard ?

Specs:

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2400 MHz (18 x 133)
Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G v4 (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Springdale i865PE
System Memory 2048 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6600 (128 MB)

Im using 2X Benq 22" monitors both conected on 1920x1080 resolutin ( 3840x1080 ) ( Dual View )

Audio Adapter Creative Audigy LS Audio Processor

Disk Drive WDC WD1600AAJS-00L7A0 (149 GB, IDE)
Disk Drive WDC WD1600JB-00REA0 (149 GB, IDE)

Thanks in advice guys i hope you can suggest me something :)

_GTech

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
Where do I begin?

I could be a, b, c, or any combination of a, b, &/or c... C what I mean?

I'd double check your RAM Timings are correct in your bios...

I'd lower your screen resollution and see if this helps (probably won't solve the problem if your having graphics card problems)

Your video adapter look sorta low, have you checked for the updates from the website???

Are you overclocking?

Carnacior

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Well...
Did not touch ram timings but will have a look soon.

Will also try lowering screen resolution however i also tryed another video card an nvidia 5200 256mb ddr2 and had same lag and was low performance compared to my 6600 nvidia ( 3dmark benchmark )
I got latest drivers on the video card. And for upgrading it only solution is an ATI videocard that is damn expensive... i cant find anymore AGP videocards in stores now. Will upgrade my whole pc but only when i will have money but that its not gonna be too soon :)
Now my pc its on stock settings... no overclock

Later Edit:
I dont have no ram timing option in bios only setting the memory clock but its on auto mode.
And lower screen resolution did not fixed the lag it was still there.

I also want to specify that my GPU temperature is around 60 c and the CPU temperature is around 70 c.