[LGA 1366] Best Motherboard, $ unlimited ???

Gian124

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
What is the best Motherboard available for the Core i7 965 Extreme, intending to overclock between 3.8 and 4.0 (nothing too close to upper limits)

Usage:
Rookie Overclock (intended with watercooled set up, just whatever OC is easy and stable)
Tons of multi-processing, Photo/Video editing and rendering
Probably single GTX295 Video Card
30" LCD Display, mostly graphics ... some gaming...

Only ones I've seen mentioned as *top end* are:
Asus Rampage II Extreme
Asus P6T Deluxe
Gigabyte Extreme
MSI Eclipse
Foxconn Blood Rage
EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1

Thank you in advance for any and all input!

Gian124

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
not to familiar with the differences between Rampage II and the P6T Deluxe... I looked at statistical differences from the site... it seemed as though the Rampage II had better on-board audio, *different* tweak utilities (unsure if better or worse) and the P6T Deluxe had more USBs... beyond that, I have no idea which to go with and why... or which of any among the others to go with.

I haven't overclocked yet, but have built all of my computers for the last 20 years. I think this will be the first one I overclock, and I'm curious what board will be the best performer for my use (mild gaming, heavy on multi-tasking and lots of audio / video apps).

Gian124

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
also, any input that separates good from bad motherboards??? most speak of looks and layout... but performance-wise, I can only guess that bios, tools, support, and stability are major considerations...

any other input?

umeshkumawatsa

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
Go for MSI Eclipse sli best mobo with good ability to overclock and best in class with overall performance.

Here is the link it will help u make your decision.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/x58-motherboard-i7,2164.html

Also if you don't want to go with msi or evga then Instead of going with rampage 2 extreme go with gigabyte x58 extreme the performance is just the same and you will save couple of $s if u go with Gigabyte.

MSI and EVGA are best overclocking tools and performance with reliability and under really good price.

Hope u find this information useful and u can contact me at umeshkumawatsa@gmail.com

TRENDING THREADS