Sign in with
Your question
Solved

CPU Temp

Last response: in Overclocking
December 30, 2009 3:12:38 PM

Hi

I directed my question to overclockers because you people monitor your cpu temps closely. I have a AMD 64 Athlon 2XII with a stock fan . It's runs about 30 C on a Asus M4N78 PRO mobo. Is this high , low or normal ?

More about : cpu temp

December 30, 2009 3:57:59 PM

thats low, if its idle its a good temp, how bout full load? running apps which eats a lot of cpu speep? what your temp during those process?
December 30, 2009 6:04:15 PM

The highest I've seen it was 38C after installing windows 7 and all my programs. It's the same after few hours playing a game. I'm not currently runing heavy calculations or using intense office apps. I'm using the Asus AI suite Q fan control set for optimal.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 30, 2009 6:19:42 PM

38c is great temps for full load, 30c idle is a good temp as well, you have nothing to worry about unless you hit 55c+
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
a b K Overclocking
December 31, 2009 8:28:04 PM

I will echo my forum mates and say your fine. The newer AMD's run very cool. Hell, my Phenom II X3 720 with a Coolermaster 212 Hyper+ that's been overclocked to 3.4 Ghz is sitting pretty at 18C at idle and about 29 at 100% running Prime 95. Granted this is in a VERY cold room! Under normal circumstances it idles about 22 C and hits 31C at 100% in a normal room. Like we've said before, your good.

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a c 86 K Overclocking
December 31, 2009 8:37:09 PM

Wait. 38C is great. Load or Idle? Loading program? Temp measuring program?

Try using Prime 95 small ffts for 30 min and using HW monitor to monitor the temps.

State your ambient room temps at the same time you got your final temps.

You gotta have a standard to compare with. Saying I do this and get this using this but no one else is doing that way is comparing apples to oranges.

Please try the tests I mentioned for 30 min. We need to know:

Ambient room temps
HW monitor temps after boot up
HW monitor after 15 min of idle
HW monitor after 30 minutes of prime 95 small ffts
Ambient room temps

Otherwise any reply or info you get is worthless.

This is kinda the accepted standard
January 2, 2010 12:52:42 AM

To be honest I had look up prime 95 after reading your responce. I would not have know about it if I hadn't posted on an overclockers forum. Currently I only know room temp, system Temp and CPU temp . I am mainstream pc user and I visit Tom's to learn. When I learn more about Prime 95 and how to use it I will visit again with results. :helloThank You All !
!