Sign in with
Your question

Memory configuration for Gkill DDR2 1066 with M3A78-EM board

Last response: in Motherboards
January 16, 2009 11:28:42 PM

I have this board and memory combination, and as expected it defaults to 400 mhz instead of 533. From what I know, if I increase the voltage to between 2.0-2.1 and set it to 533 manually it should be good. I think I have done so but I'm not sure how to test whether or not I've done this right. The documentation on the BIOS that came with this motherboard is very poor.

I downloaded CPU-Z thinking that would be a good way to test whether the changes I made in the BIOS are being reflected in the system but it's kind of confusing. For one thing, CPU-Z has two tabs, one for Memory, and one or SPD. I don't understand the distinction since both seem to be concerning the ram.

Under Memory in CPU-Z it shows my ram running at 535 mhz, but shows odd timings, 5-7-7-20 instead of 5-5-5-15 like it should be I'm a bit concerned.
a b V Motherboard
January 17, 2009 3:11:35 AM

Lordvr, you memory is right where it should be. 535MHz in Dual Channel Mode = 1070MHz. As for your timings, your memory is set to Auto in the Bios.

welcome to THG
fester
April 2, 2010 9:29:59 PM

lordvr said:
I have this board and memory combination, and as expected it defaults to 400 mhz instead of 533. From what I know, if I increase the voltage to between 2.0-2.1 and set it to 533 manually it should be good. I think I have done so but I'm not sure how to test whether or not I've done this right. The documentation on the BIOS that came with this motherboard is very poor.

I downloaded CPU-Z thinking that would be a good way to test whether the changes I made in the BIOS are being reflected in the system but it's kind of confusing. For one thing, CPU-Z has two tabs, one for Memory, and one or SPD. I don't understand the distinction since both seem to be concerning the ram.

Under Memory in CPU-Z it shows my ram running at 535 mhz, but shows odd timings, 5-7-7-20 instead of 5-5-5-15 like it should be I'm a bit concerned.

LordVR, please tell me how you changed your voltage and speed. I have this motherboard and can not figure out how to do this. Is it in the north bridge area?
!