Athlon II X2 240 OC Help

DrgnRebrn

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I have never OC'd a CPU before, despite having built systems for several years. I just put together a HTPC for Christmas with the following specs:

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz CPU (stock HS & fan assembly)
Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H mATX MB
Kingston 4GB HyperX DDR2 800 (2 x 2GB DC) RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4200 Integrated GPU (500MHz?)
Corsair 450VX 450W PSU
Antec 300 Case (2x120mm fornt intake fans, 1x120mm rear exhaust fan, 1x140mm top-mount exhaust fan)

I guess I have a couple of questions. First, how do I fully utilize the ACC features in the BIOS to possibly unlock unused cores on my processor? Second, is it difficult to overclock integrated graphics processors? Third, how can I effectively overclock my system to allow continuous stability, but increased performance, while utilizing stock component & case air cooling? I am running W7 Prof 64-bit OS. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from experienced over clockers, especially if you have actualy hands-on experience with any of the above-listed components

Cometz13

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
i see you have good cooling with a great case, i can only (sadly) give a few tips i see that you have great cooling thats good if you want to have high perfromace and have stability (and maybe you would want it too last a while?)
I would recommend a multiplier (not higher than 10) as you want to higher the FSB more, after a while you could higher your Vcore with only small increments to OC more if you can't get past some limits with the FSB changes download SetFSB and try to OC from that software (you'll need to know your PLL. if you want it too LAST a bit longer i would go for a easier overclock to only change FSB and take it easy with the multiplier, and check your temps(!) also stress test it to see if it's stable or you should back off with small increments. sorry for just a little info but i saw that nobody had answered.

xsever

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008
Set the ACC mode to Hybrid in the BIOS and the calibration to Auto. In order to access the advanced settings in the BIOS, you need to press Ctrl + F1 while in the BIOS.

This should unlock your cores given that they are unlockable.