forgotten password

September 9, 2005 10:50:02 AM

a colleague has just left and didnt pass on the password
on winxp

we need to enter system

More about : forgotten password

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 12:57:13 PM

Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

Forgot your admin password?

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"silbermaneli" wrote:

| a colleague has just left and didnt pass on the password
| on winxp
|
| we need to enter system
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 2:55:07 PM

silbermaneli@gmail.com wrote:
> a colleague has just left and didnt pass on the password
> on winxp
>
> we need to enter system

Don't know if this will help, but I had it in my list of favorites.

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.ht...

gls858
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 3:14:12 PM

<silbermaneli@gmail.com> wrote in message
> a colleague has just left and didnt pass on the password
> on winxp
>
> we need to enter system

It's proably best to ask for the password on the eventuality that the
previous user invoked encryption. If you do anything to replace the
accounts without having the original password, you will *never* gain access
to the encrypted files.

If it is unencrypted, an easy thing to do is to temporarily host the drive
in another machine and copy any needed data. Then, just format the drive,
move it back to its home machine and reinstall Windows - this will take a
few hours but will ensure a clean-running machine for the next user.

You might need to take ownership of the files, but if the files are
encrypted, you will know, and will have to boot with that drive and the
password.

HTH
-pk
!