Sign in with
Your question

DVD Drive and Internal HDD ?'s

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
February 26, 2010 5:30:16 PM

Well, I didn't feel like writing out two posts, so I'll just stick 'em together and put it here.

First of all, I just bought a $23 LG DVD Burner, and honestly, it does work, but not very well. It's just slow. Does anyone happen to know of a good, fast DVD Burner for under $30? I'm not looking for something I can take out and use as a saw motor... just something that can read and write DVD's decently fast.

Secondly, I'm looking for a new internal HDD to replace the stupid little notebook drive that's powering my new system. I'm looking for something around 100-250GB for about $50-60. I don't need massive amounts of storage - I can barely fill up a 150GB HDD the way it is right now. Any suggestions?

Any input would be appreciated.
-Matt

More about : dvd drive internal hdd

a b G Storage
February 28, 2010 10:23:46 PM

Hmm... no answers for two days... maybe I should expand on this a little.

I found a good Lite-On drive that's fairly fast, so that's not really at the top of my list right now. Feel free to post any suggestions, though - I'm always looking for good deals.

For the HDD, I'd even be willing to take two seperate, cheap disks to put in a RAID 0 array, just as long as it can match the speed of a single good drive.

Any ideas?
m
l
!