Quarterly SSD Review

wfs1357

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
TH publishes a quarterly review of the 'best video card' for $$$. Where $$$ are usually $50 intervals. I'd like to see a similar review for SSD's. Why - 'cos I'm having a hard time deciding which one to buy. If they can do it for video cards, then hopefully, they can do it for SSD's, which are generally a more major purchase.

gracefully

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
SSDs are just as major as graphics cards, in my opinion. Although I do share your concern. I'd like to see best SSD for the money. At this point, most SSDs are expensive for the average consumer. Still, it would be nice to see SSDs for different price points, since that is what they did with the graphics cards. From cheapo <100$ to over the top 600$. SSDs can go higher. :)

sub mesa

Distinguished
Like GPUs aren't expensive? Truth is, people don't mind spending $400 on a good videocard, but a $200 SSD is "overpriced" because it offers very low storage capacity.

If you're a gamer and tight on a budget so you rather invest in a GPU rather than SSD; that's fine. But for most users i think an SSD would bring the most performance gain, over other core components in the system like CPU and memory. Where a much faster and expensive CPU might not translate directly to a faster user experience, using an SSD as system disk would be hard not to notice.