realraptor06

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008
Hello.
First, sorry for my not so good english, I`m not a native English speaker.

2 months ago I bought a Galaxy 8600GE. Worked great untill 2 hours ago. I tried to connect it to the TV via S-Video. All worked well, but after 5 mins a got a sudden restart. I said "well, that's ok, a restart is nothing". But then when i tried playing something, i got some artefacts on the screen. They look like this:

errorfx7.jpg

I get that in nVidia Control Panel, in games, and when I try playing a movie in BS player or Rad Light.

The strange thing is, I don't get that error when playing a movie in Windows Media Player, Media Player Classing or Zoom Player

My video card is not overlocked. I even tried lowering the frequencies, but the same thing happens. I tried sliding the performance option to the left in the Troubleshooting Tab but I get the same thing..

Anyone knows why I'm getting this thing?
The card is still on warranty, but the service here is terrible, and I would like to know if there's something I can do to fix it, couse if I send it to warranty, it will come back after 2-3 weeks, and I can't wait that long without a video card

The temperatures are normal (around 45 degrees Celsius), and the fan is working normal.

Tried unplugging it from the MB and then reinsert it, but didn't solve it.

If anyone got ANY ideas, no matter how strange it will sound, SHOOT!, i`m willing to try anything right now

I made a SS in Chicken Invaders (a game that doesn't require much from the Video Card):

cikc7.jpg

Also, I would like to add that games are running fine, I'm not getting a low framerate or anything, just that they look like hell, with those artefact.

I made lots of topics on different forums and you guys here are my last hope.

The general idea on the other forums is that the memory on the card is to blame, but I`m not really sure about that.

I tried running 3DMark, different versions, and all works well. I GET THE ARTIFACTS, but beside that, the framerate is ok, the final score is what it used to be before the artifacts, etc.

The rest of my spec:

Pentium D805 2.66 Ghz dual core
1GB DDR2 667Mhz (2x512)
MB ASRock Dual VSTA-775

I tried with another Video Card on the MB and it works well (tried with a agp fx5200, i have a pciexpress and a agp slot on the MB). Could it be that the PCI Express slot is to blame for this, and not the card? I don't have how to test with another video card right now.. will do that in about 2 days, but I want to know the chances that it's the slot and not the card

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
well, in that case your best bet would be to RMA it.. sounds like a problem with the card. im not really sure what else to tell you m8...
do you have any other card you could swap it with for the time being?

realraptor06

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008
Yea, i`m curently on a fx5200, but I can't really do anything with it beside surfing the net and watching movies (no games.. :( )

btw, what's RMA? sry but i`m not so good at english

realraptor06

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008
i tried the normal connector and the DVI Connector. Same thing.
When I try the S-Video, the the screen of the PC goes black and the system hangs up.