Please Help, OC error

Sorry to start this question in a new thread but i really need an answer...
I just tried easytune on easy mode, +1mhz, the lowest possible increase, and it totally froze my computer, now upon restart my bus speed has lowered from 333 to 329, how to I change it back?
14 answers Last reply
More about please help error
  1. I uninstalled easytune (which came up on startup last time), rechecked the BIOS and its OK now. Let this be a lesson to anyone else stupid enough to try OC'ing sofware
  2. restart and go into your bios then hit f10 to load defaults
  3. afortiori said:
    I uninstalled easytune (which came up on startup last time), rechecked the BIOS and its OK now. Let this be a lesson to anyone else stupid enough to try OC'ing sofware

How come? I also have a Gigabyte MB and the Easytune6 can OC my CPU all the way to 3.8GHz stable, although the voltages set by it are much higher than sufficient.
  4. I bet it was the MOBO. It probably wasn't supported.
  5. My MB's Bios is updated to f9 (I think) so It would accept my E8400. I used easytune5 from the gigabyte website, I can't find version 6 anywhere.
  6. If you end up having problems, you can revert back to default settings in your bios, to do this, you press the F5 key, a menu will pop up asking you do you want to load setup defaults, select OK and then press enter.

f9 is a bios update? Sounds like the F9 key to me, usually Bioses are update with a #, you have to download the bios ROM (a file), from the mother board's manufacturer's web site and then put this on a thumb drive or cd disc, and flash your bios using the ROM file, however, this process is dangerous, something can go horribly wrong during the flash and you will lose the bios completely. It is only recommended that you update / flash your bios when you are having serious hardware issues, if defaults settings won't work for you, then it may be time for and update. Though this is no garauntee the update will solve any problem.

Hopefully this was useful information for you..
  7. afortiori said:
    My MB's Bios is updated to f9 (I think) so It would accept my E8400. I used easytune5 from the gigabyte website, I can't find version 6 anywhere.

What is the model and reversion of your MB?

I can help you to find Easytune6 if and only if it is supported by your MB.
  8. GA-P31-DS3L (rev. 1.x)
    If x stands for a number, I don't know what mine is.
  9. afortiori said:
    GA-P31-DS3L (rev. 1.x)
    If x stands for a number, I don't know what mine is.

"x" simply means ANY number.

It seems that your MB doesn't support Easytune6.

Download and try the latest Easytune5 here: (Scroll down to the bottom)
    http://www.giga-byte.com/Support/Motherboard/Utility_Model.aspx?ProductID=2615#anchor_os
  10. That is the exact version that froze my computer and forced my FSB down by 4 points upon restart, when all I did was set OC on easy and raise the mhz by 1 point!
  11. afortiori said:
    That is the exact version that froze my computer and forced my FSB down by 4 points upon restart, when all I did was set OC on easy and raise the mhz by 1 point!

Did you set the voltages yourself?

If so, try Quick Boost instead of Easy and Advance.
  12. BTW, Easytune6 froze my PC as well if I use Easy or Advance.
  13. I've never turned my voltages off "auto". As stated in another thread, this seems to be all that needs to be done to get 3.6ghz:
    In Order:
    "CPU Host Clock Control" - Enabled
    "CPU Host Frequency (MHz)- 400
    "PCI Express Frequency (MHz)- 100
    "Performance Enhance"- Standard
    "System Memory Multiplier (SPD)- 2.00
    "System Voltage Control"- Manual.
    "CPU Voltage Control" - 1.22500v
    Test Stability with Prime95

Anyone disagree with the above method?
  14. Set your BIOS back to optimized DEFAULT and then try Quick Boost. One-click Ocing!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking