Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking E7500

Last response: in Overclocking
December 31, 2009 11:22:29 PM

This is my first time overclocking and I need to know how much I can overclock an E7500 with the standard heatsink and three other fans on the chassis. Any way to figure that out??? :??:  Programs instead on bios tutorials would be appreciated.

More about : overclocking e7500

January 13, 2010 10:14:53 AM

... 135 views and no replies?????
m
l
a b å Intel
a c 197 K Overclocking
January 13, 2010 10:26:50 AM

hkdylan1 said:
Programs instead on bios tutorials would be appreciated.

All the regulars here are willing to spend a lot of time with you teaching the basics so you can learn how to overclock.

You have two problems. First you are lazy and unwilling to spend the time learning. If you are too lazy to learn, why should we spend the time trying to teach.

Second, you are apparently unwilling to spend the money for a decent cooler. The heatsink that comes with the 45 nm Core's is not much more than adequate at stock frequencies.

Come back with a better attitude and I guarantee that you will get a better response.
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2010 6:59:22 AM

1. I am not unwilling to learn. I am just unwilling to learn for over a month about the same thing and still get no results
2. I am not willing to spend more on a better heatsink because I just spent HK$10000 (convert it yourself if YOU are so willing to learn) to build the computer myself
3. i do not want bios because mine keeps crashing

Anymore questions jsc???
m
l
a b å Intel
a c 197 K Overclocking
January 14, 2010 7:56:28 AM

Google tells me that HK$ 10K is just under US$ 1300.

First ...
hkdylan1 said:
... 135 views and no replies?????

I was telling you why I suspect that you had no replies.

Second, you should have posted system specs. Practically everything except the drives and video card affects the system overclock. That includes the CPU, RAM, motherboard , PSU, cooler, and case.

Third, if your computer keeps crashing, that is the first problem you need to solve.

Fourth, if you expect to get anything more than maybe a 10% - 20% overclock, you will need better cooling.
m
l
January 15, 2010 7:42:33 AM

1. All I need is a 20% over-clock to reach the 3GHz level
2. PC specs are:
4GB DDR2 RAM
E7300 @2.94GHz with standard heatsink
P5P43TD PRO mobo
260gtx graphics
3. All I want and need is about 20% overclock anyway
4. that IS ALOT OF MONEY when your a 14 year old thats been saving for that computer for 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
m
l
a b å Intel
a c 197 K Overclocking
January 15, 2010 8:03:51 AM

hkdylan1 said:

4. that IS ALOT OF MONEY when your a 14 year old thats been saving for that computer for 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a fair amount of money when you are 63 also. :) 

Overclocking software:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclocking-softwa...

This was posted primarily for the computers with locked BIOS's. As always, YMMV.
m
l
!