Silent modding obstacle a8n sli deluxe

sHIFT

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Hi everyone,
I have a old custom build that I built myself and it's about 5 yrs old now and it's starting to fall apart, the chip set fan is starting to make grinding noises once in a while and the same with the gpu fan.
Mobo:asus a8n sli deluxe
Cpu: athlon 64 3800 2.4. Oc'd to 2.8
Gpu: bfg 7600gt
Ram: 1gb ocz value ram

What I plan to do is turn this into a silent pc. I bought a zalman nbf47 passive heat sink for the chipset and next I will need to get an accelero s2 for the 7600gt or some other passive solution but then I relize there won't be any room because of the zalman
Here's the question.
1.Can I use the second pcie slot as my primary and if yes what things do I need to do such as in the bios
2. What's with the ezplug warning when there is a vid card in second slot
3. Totally off topic but are there other passive cooling solutions for a 7600 gt

Thnx

Never tried using the second PCIE slot as a single, but it should work. EZplug warning is the 4 pin molex header on the MB which needs a 4 pin 12v lead from the power supply to be attached an working.

sHIFT

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Other forums say there will be a reduction in bandwith other people report that it just doesn't work because it works like a 1x unless sli is on, on other boards
Is the ezplug really nessesary?I'm still running a single gpu and due to my case design I would have to have wires all over the mobo

TRENDING THREADS