Need help overclocking radeon 4650

vexun11

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I purchased a radeon 4650 low profile for a slimline pc that I just swapped into a Thermaltake Supranors and the card temp idle is around 30-32 so I know I can heat this thing up a lot more by overclocking it. I try to overclock it and have issues in games, even if I overclock it just a bit I will get fps lag. Can someone help me out here? I have tried using rivatune and occ. Please help. Also I want to overclock my amdx2 4000 just a little bit to get more performance. what do i use to do this? all this came from an inspiron 531s its a asus motherboard made for dells. I know its not good but it's not too bad.

Thanks

Thermaltake Supranors, 430watt thermatake psu, radeon 4650 low profile, 2 gigs ddr2 667 (soon to be upgraded) AMD X2 4000+ , seagate 240gb 7200rpm sata.

Solution
hi,

if you've alleady tried overclocking your card you might have pushed something too far, thereby ruining one of the chips on your card.
try running it on the standard clock speeds and see what happens, as for overclocking your cpu you're best of using the BIOS.
but be carefull otherwise you might make the same mistake you made with the gpu and push it too far. just start by increasing the clock speed slightly and keep going untill the system becomes unstable, when that happens just turn it down slightly and you should be fine.

hope this helped,

michael_92

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
hi,

if you've alleady tried overclocking your card you might have pushed something too far, thereby ruining one of the chips on your card.
try running it on the standard clock speeds and see what happens, as for overclocking your cpu you're best of using the BIOS.
but be carefull otherwise you might make the same mistake you made with the gpu and push it too far. just start by increasing the clock speed slightly and keep going untill the system becomes unstable, when that happens just turn it down slightly and you should be fine.

hope this helped,

Solution