Need new system settings advice

RiP_Dimebag

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
I posted this in elsewhere, but I think it was the wrong section. I've got a Phenom II 550 Black on a ASUS M4A79XTD EVO, using 2 cores and slightly overclocked to 3.4, with 2G of Corsair DDR3 1600 RAM. CPU-Z says multiplyer at x17.0, bus speed at 200, HT link at 2000. RAM in dual channel unganged mode. NB frequency at 2000MHz. Heres a screenshot of CPU-Z if I missed something.

cpuz-1.jpg

I've noticed on my MB specifications that it has a HT speed of 2600MHz. Mines at 2000MHz :heink: Should I change that? Based on my settings, and screenshot, and desire to stay @3.4GHz, does anyone see any other obvious settings I should change or tweak to get the most out of my system? It's been about 6 years since I last built a computer, things seemed alot simpler back then. I'm looking for any advice as to what I need to change here. How would you have this setup? Thanks in advance.

RiP_Dimebag

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
Also the oldest, and next to be replaced piece of hardware in this rig, is my harddrive. I've never messed with RAID or anything, but am willing to do so if it's worth it. I've always just had everything on 1 drive, and from what I understand RAID requires mutliple drives. Performance wise, would it be better to invest in 2 cheaper disks in some sort of RAID configuration, or just put everything on 1 nice drive.