What MoBo for these display adapters?

heynemann

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
Hi,

My name is Bernardo and this is my first post here in the forums.

I'm thinking of building my own system, and the one thing I'm clear on right now is that I want to have two HD 4870 (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-091-PC) in it.

I can figure out the processor (though suggestions would be appreciated) and the RAM (8GB leaning towards DDR 3 instea of DDR2, but not sure yet).

The one thing I'm really lost is the Mother board. I'd like to know from you guys which MoBo to go for that setup. I'm thinking of getting a Q6600, but I saw here in the forums that there are 45nm ones that are better. Does it make that huge of a difference? Because they are a lot more expensive.

I'd like my motherboard to be extensible as in I can upgrade components later on, but I don't want to spend 500 quid in it. I'm really in need of help. I saw some Mobos but none of them really appealed to me.

Thanks for any replies,
Bernardo Heynemann
London - Uk

auscanzukus

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
The bundle is quite good. One of the best cpu cooler. Good Yorkie cpu. Capable mobo. The ram may be the weakest link. You could sell it & get faster ram if you overclock.

If you don't overclock, you can get cheaper mobo and use stock cooler.

TRENDING THREADS