Installing windows xp by removing windows7

kolli

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Hello,i had first installed windows7 but now i want to remove it and iwant o install xp now what i must do?

If you just want to wipe the drive and start over, boot off the XP setup disk, when it gets to the partition selection, delete the existing partition. Then format it (quick is OK), and continue with the setup. The drive will be cleaned out and you will have XP.

You can't somehow "uninstall" 7 and get XP back, or whatever you did to install Win 7.

kolli

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
when i kept the xp cd installing starts but after some time an error message is displaying that the recent hardware changes had stopped installing xp is displayed.so,now what i must do?

kolli

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
After the booting process is started after a few minutes an error screen reporting that "your recent hardware changes is causing problems to the installation" is observed.what could be the possible reason for thisand how to overcome this problem?

Windows 7 has a built in XP mode. Why not just use that, or set up a dual boot system? You can have both. :)

It would help if you post your computer model and/or specs.

Is it a retail or OEM version of XP? Do you know what SP (service pack) is on the disc?

kolli

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011

system: acer(model:4535)
amd ultra 64-bit processor
hard disk hitachi 250gb
ati 256 mb graphic card.

kolli

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011

thank u its working.
Is there is any problem if i did not format system reserved space in the hard disk?
how can i create new partion?

The system will always keep some reserved space for the MBR. During the format/install process, you can delete all allocated, and unallocated space, and then do a full NTFS format. Here's a guide with some helpful screenshots. Figure 2 shows how to create partitions.
http://whiterbunny.wordpress.com/2005/12/26/partitioning-a-hard-drive-during-the-xp-installation-process/

kolli

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011

now i want to install windows7 also but when i kept boot cd and i pressed multi-boot section and selected cdvd option but it displayed hard disk error now what i must do?please help me?