  • Document
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
September 9, 2005 6:00:45 PM

Hi, I have a customer running XP Pro and hasn't had any major problems.
A couple months ago a message started popping up saying "This Document
was sent to the printer" along with the printer and document name, date
and time. This is the only system on the network doing this, and I have
searched the printer drivers and setup to find how to turn it off, but
have come up empty. It's really irratating when you are sending a lot of
print jobs.

Any ideas?

- Tim -

More about : printer message box pops

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 6:00:46 PM

Tim wrote:
> Hi, I have a customer running XP Pro and hasn't had any
> major problems. A couple months ago a message started
> popping up saying "This Document was sent to the printer"
> along with the printer and document name, date and time.
> This is the only system on the network doing this, and I
> have searched the printer drivers and setup to find how to
> turn it off, but have come up empty. It's really irratating
> when you are sending a lot of print jobs.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> - Tim -

Have you tried the following?
On the problem machine, open the Printers and Faxes folder.
Click on File -> Server Properties.
Click on the Advanced page.
Remove the check mark from the box next to "Show informational
notification for network printers".

Nepatsfan
September 12, 2005 7:31:17 PM

That's the puppie! Solved the popup message problem.

Thanks Nepatsfan!

- Tim -

In article <YtydnYIuS4W-X7zeRVn-vg@comcast.com>, nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com
says...
> Tim wrote:
> > Hi, I have a customer running XP Pro and hasn't had any
> > major problems. A couple months ago a message started
> > popping up saying "This Document was sent to the printer"
> > along with the printer and document name, date and time.
> > This is the only system on the network doing this, and I
> > have searched the printer drivers and setup to find how to
> > turn it off, but have come up empty. It's really irratating
> > when you are sending a lot of print jobs.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > - Tim -
>
> Have you tried the following?
> On the problem machine, open the Printers and Faxes folder.
> Click on File -> Server Properties.
> Click on the Advanced page.
> Remove the check mark from the box next to "Show informational
> notification for network printers".
>
> Nepatsfan

Anonymous
September 12, 2005 7:31:18 PM

Great! Glad to hear that fixed your problem.

Nepatsfan

!