anachronite

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Well earlier today I went to do a fresh XP install on my system, but had to get the DVD drive working. After trying to IDE drive, and then a SATA DVD, I finally found this forum DVD and CD Not Detected and was able to get the original IDE DVD working. I installed the XP OS, mother board drviers, virus protection, video drivers, audio drivers, etc. Now I am trying to install a game, and while the PC shows the DVD there, the device manager shows it to be working, it won;t auto play the cd and install the game. I can explore the CD, but double clicking on the programs just runs the hourglass until everything times out. NOt sure what the heck is going on. Checking BIOS both hard drives (SATA) and the DVD (IDE) are being recognized. All are set as masters. There are not master/slave jumpers on the the HDDs. Just 1.5gb or 3gb jumpers. Have tried DVD on both slave and master. I Installed XP and utility discs with it set as master. Anyone have any idea how to get the DVD working again. Have tried updating drivers already.

Thank you.