Is there really a big difference with blue ray.

chef_jd

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2008
Well I am wanting some opinions from users that currently have blue ray drives.I am waiting on my 26" monitor and wondering if there is really much of a difference between blue ray and standard dvd quality on a 26" monitor. I am tempted to buy a blue ray dvdrom for my pc for 140.

poorplay

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
IMO, the difference between the two is huge. Since owning a BR player about a year ago, I haven't watch anything in DVD. The picture quality is just so much better when compare to DVD. If you enjoy watching HD movies and can afford to spend $30 a pop on new release BR movie then go for it.

chef_jd

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2008
Not talking about a tv, I am talking about a 26" monitor through the pc. I know blueray is much better on a large screen tv. Why is it that there is always a smart ars that has to reply to each thread.

slashzapper

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Dude which cave have you crawled out of !!!!!!!!!

The Difference is HUGE i mean HUGE !!!

It is an experience believe me , dude your life sucks till you see blueray ...hahaha...

Disclaimer

I do not work for Sony, although thats all i ever buy ...hahahahah

chef_jd

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2008
I have seen blueray and have it on tv, but sold the tv and blueray player.I know there is a huge difference when the screen is large, but I was just wondering if one would have noticed it on a smaller lcd and pc. I am purchasing the drive this week so I will know by next week when my monitor is delivered.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

I've seen it on a smaller 22 inch computer monitor. The picture is definitely sharper, but not by much. No difference in sound. The only "huge" difference is price, $20 for DVD burner, $250 for Blue Ray burner.

chef_jd

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2008
Well I have been using my blue ray for a couple of weeks now and I really enjoy it. I watch reg dvd's on it now and am disappointed. I really see a difference between blue ray and reg dvd on my 26". I would highly recommend anyone thinking of purchasing blue ray for large monitors to do so.

TRENDING THREADS