pete_70

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Hello folks,
I need to replace the (full) HD in my Compac Presario V6000 series laptop, running Vista. I am not a gamer. I was wondering if I what brand and speed I can count on in replacing the old HD. Is there any up or downside to going 7200?
I would appreciate your help. Also, I have read many reviews which claim WD is better than Seagate, or others, but is there any real difference?
Thank you.
Pete

Solution

With the 7200rpm you get a noticeably faster boot up time with the computer along with better multitasking. The only drawback is that you use more of your battery and it drains it faster. However it is much worth it.

For a laptop hard drive the western digital is the most reliable and offer the scorpio black 7200rpm hard...

MuffanMan101

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009

With the 7200rpm you get a noticeably faster boot up time with the computer along with better multitasking. The only drawback is that you use more of your battery and it drains it faster. However it is much worth it.

For a laptop hard drive the western digital is the most reliable and offer the scorpio black 7200rpm hard drive with the option of a free fall sensor. In case you drop your laptop the hard drive will secure itself. So get a 7200rpm and stick with western digital for the quality.

Solution