wahjahka

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008
hello, im currently googling images of the antec 900 to get a sense of how much of the inside of the case you can see, i have a cable sleevings on all my cables that glow uv green, and my case doesnt work well with my s-1283 so im going to be purchasing another case and the antec 900 is on my list, i was wondering if anyone who owns this could tell me how much you can see inside the case, i really dont want to have my cable sleeving go to waste and if anyone can tell me how the xigmatek s-1283 fits in it, that would be great thanks

Well, the cable management for the antec 900 has cables bunched together between the motherboard, and the HDD's. The windows is placed so that this area is not directly visable if your looking dead on at the side. Unfortunately for you hiding cables altogether vs dressing them up is the new fad.

So you will only be able to see a mass of cables next to the PSU but that's really about it.

Peaks

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
You can see everything inside the case, the window on the side is very big, plus you can see right through the huge fan on the top. I have all my cables tided up and shoved in the empty drive bay at the bottom which is fine, they are tucked away nicely out of sight. But if you were to put anything in that bay then the cables would be on full display and there isn't really6 anywhere else for them to go.

Just a few other pointers on the 900. Good case layout, lots of room and PSU at the bottom so warm air isn't sucked up through the case. But no dust covers on the fans, which are needed because with the amount of fans there are a lot of dust gets sucked in. Also with all those case fans it does have a tendency to be loud. Good case though, I am happy with it!

I think that the Xig is a bit smaller than the TR Ultra120 Ext and that fits inside a 900. I pretty much agree with peaks except for noise level. The airflow in the case is so good that you should not need to run the fans faster than the "Low" setting. I noticed no difference in CPU core temps with different fan settings. That's good because, although Low is pretty quiet, with all fans on the "High" setting, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner setting on the desk.

One more thing, unlike a lot of cases, it does not come with a system speaker.